Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Toothache!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone got any remedies for easing the pain of toothache!

My mouth is throbbing and i have work in a few hours :(

I've took some tablets but they don't seem to be helping much

Thanks
x x x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Best analgesic would be ibuprofen (Nurofen, though shop brand is cheaper and just as effective) as it has an anti-imflammatory quality which helps with tootache. Is there a bad taste in your mouth ? Could be an infection so a gargle with salt water/anti-bacterial mouthwash will help with the infection. I often find brushing my teeth helps, though as you're going to be at work that might not be practical.

Oil of cloves/clove tincture for a natural remedy. My old nan used to swear by a shot of whisky but you could end up pissed if it's bad toothache :p
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Best analgesic would be ibuprofen (Nurofen, though shop brand is cheaper and just as effective) as it has an anti-imflammatory quality which helps with tootache. Is there a bad taste in your mouth ? Could be an infection so a gargle with salt water/anti-bacterial mouthwash will help with the infection. I often find brushing my teeth helps, though as you're going to be at work that might not be practical.

Oil of cloves/clove tincture for a natural remedy. My old nan used to swear by a shot of whisky but you could end up pissed if it's bad toothache :p

Thanks for that. Ive been takin ibuprofen but they don't seem to be helping. I took naproxen (i think thats what its called) as well. I have been swilling vodka, so i'll carry on doing that.

Thanks
    x x x
    Whiskeys the way to go for toothaches! Vodka is just for fun ;)

Do you have orajel or anbesol? I thought those were always pretty helpful.
    Whiskeys the way to go for toothaches! Vodka is just for fun ;)

Do you have orajel or anbesol? I thought those were always pretty helpful.

*Reminds self to by whiskey*

Only bonjela. Tis shite!
    Try teething gel, but you do need to apply it every 20 minutes or so.
    TCP diluted in water
    On top of all this make an appointment at your dentist - an emergency appointment so you can get it sorted and not have to worry about it again. If you dont have a dentist or are the waiting list for a NHS dentist then ring NHS direct and they will make you an emergency appointment for asap at a dentist, again free of charge or NHS prices.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Try teething gel, but you do need to apply it every 20 minutes or so.

Boots Baby Teething Gell works 100 times better than bonjela.
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    On top of all this make an appointment at your dentist - an emergency appointment so you can get it sorted and not have to worry about it again. If you dont have a dentist or are the waiting list for a NHS dentist then ring NHS direct and they will make you an emergency appointment for asap at a dentist, again free of charge or NHS prices.

Thanks for the advice.

I went to the emergency dentist last night and he gave me some antibiotics and told me to go back in 5 days. I'm gunna try the boots teething gel in the meantime tho.