Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

College food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im moving to college living in digs and my landlady cooks for me during the week.Just wondering for the two days she dosnt what can i eat that dosnt require a cooker or fridge?

I dont want to have to eat out all the weekends???

any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    :confused:

Does she cut the power or something to the cooker and fridge or can you just not cook?
  • Options
    maybe lisalashe does not have access to the kitchen!

if this is the case ...it silly! pot noodle is your only option, all this requires is hot water

ithink you need to explain your situation a bit more in detail - when yuou say no cooker do you just mean no oven or no oven or hob? what about a microwave?
  • Options
    Landlady cooks? Where you going? France??
  • Options
    if you really dont have access to the kitchen, maybe buy a mini fridge for your room. and a microwave.
  • Options
    Im in ireland. I dont like noodles hate them in fact! I live in the ladys house and we have a bedroom and we eat in the kitchen when she makes food. but we're not suppose to be there at the weekends but i am. and i dont want to have to use her kitchen bcuz then shen knows im in the house and the point of me being allowed to stay weekends is that i wont be in the house much.

and i cant afford a mini fridge and microwave the room is smaller than a matchbox. its tiny :O
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote: »
    Im in ireland. I dont like noodles hate them in fact! I live in the ladys house and we have a bedroom and we eat in the kitchen when she makes food. but we're not suppose to be there at the weekends but i am. and i dont want to have to use her kitchen bcuz then shen knows im in the house and the point of me being allowed to stay weekends is that i wont be in the house much.

I don't think she's going to mind you using the kitchen for bare essentials. She's probably more concerned about you having parties and wrecking the place than cooking a dinner for yourself.
  • Options
    Sounds like a weird set-up!!
  • Options
    Take aways or something ? but thats not very healthy ! Sandwiches? But yo should really have a proper meal in the day.

Dunno can't you go home or something for food ?
  • Options
    or store things at friends houses?
  • Options
    Get a toastie machine :D They're probably like a fiver in poundstretchers. You can put all sorts in them, cheese & onion...cheese & ham, beans etc =]

Uhm..otherwise, I can't think of a lot else, other than cup-a-soups! x
  • Options
    She's lives in the house so we're not allowed people over its called living in digs if you have ever heard that term. No harm she'l start start cooking for us come monday and im at home for the weekend.

And home is 2 hours away so i dont think il make that trip lol
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote: »
    She's lives in the house so we're not allowed people over its called living in digs if you have ever heard that term. No harm she'l start start cooking for us come monday and im at home for the weekend.

And home is 2 hours away so i dont think il make that trip lol
    A lot of my friends use digs, although they're in theatre so are always there at weekends.

I'd find it very odd that you couldn't cook something for yourself, could you cook something during the week to eat at the weekend?
  • Options
    Sounds like a bit of a bad arrangement if all you'll be eating at the weekends if gunna be cold food.

Beans? Yum cold beams. You could always buy a ready made sandwich from somewhere? I don't think eating crisps and chocolate for 2 days is going to be a fun plan