Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Reassurance required

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not been in this situation for a while, when a girl actually gets my number and texts me after meeting for the first time – anyway this girl got my number from a mutual friend (who was out with us when we met) and texted that said she wouldn’t mind seeing me again (which is a good sign isn’t it? :confused: )

Anyway, due to work and stuff we hadn’t got around to seeing one another but have been texting intermittently since we met, arranged to and almost met up last night due to a common interest but today I saw her in her place of work (she works in retail) and we had a quick chat while I was buying stuff. She’s asked am I out at the weekend because I think we’re both going to the same club.

So far I think it’s going ok – I guess I’m hoping she’s interested in me because she’s a lovely girl and I could see us having fun considering we have a few common interests – it’s just so different from my ex as she was quite persistent in getting my interest when we met, whereas this one seems pretty laid back about it and while I kind of like that it’s something I’m not used to!

I guess I’m just after some reassurance that I’m doing the right thing in going with the flow and taking it slowly and not being overly persistent myself!

Sorry this post is a bit of a mess – heads all over the place at the moment due to a number of things (girl in question being one of them! :blush: )

Cheers for reading! Any words much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    well if she brings up meeting up or asks after your plans then i would say she was at least a little interested,

she may be playing it cool, not wanting to seem desperate or clingy, or she could just be shy,

my advice is not to panic and not to over analyse(i do this myself and it messes you up) make the time to see her alone however, people behave differently out in a group than they do in a pair, dont be pushy about it but dont leave it too long, seen plenty of people fall flat on their faces by playing it too cool, see how it goes what do you have to lose?
  • Options
    She's deifnitely interested - she got your number and has said she wants to see you again! But after making those first moves she's probably trying to play it a little cool because she doesn't want to do all the chasing and doesn't want to appear too keen in case it puts you off. Make sure you see her at the club this weekend and ask if to meet up with you on a date sometimes.
  • Options
    Thank you! That's cleared my mind a bit - and yeah I was definately thinking I should say something about going out on a 'date' and so I will

Cheers! :)

• Options
    i agree with not leaving it too long cos if you do she may think you're not interested and move on!
  • Options
    Just thought I'd give an update since the advice was quite sound!

Went on date tonight - went very well.

Going on another date next week!

:)

Thanks guys!

• Options
    Aww :)