Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair Straighteners - BaByliss 2085U Pro 230°C Straighteners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm looking for a new pair of hair straighteners as the surface has started peeling on my trusty remingtons. I can't justify the cost of GHDs so please don't tell me they're the only way to go, I need a new boiler and that's far more important.

Does anyone have the BaByliss 2085U Pro 230°C Straighteners? Or know someone that does.

I was wondering how they are at creating curls and are they any good on slightly damp hair (my hair takes a long time to dry completely).

Comments

• Options
    I got my GHDs for cheaper online, as i got the old model. They were about £80. The babyliss ones are about £60 by the looks of it. I used babyliss for several years but they're nothing compared to GHDs! I leave my hair to dry naturally now and then straighten if I feel like it, whereas before with my old ones I'd still have loads of dry frizz after I straightened my hair without blow drying. So i had to blow dry then straighten which took forever. It's loads better now because they take 7 seconds to heat up and do my hair so quickly. I think they're worth the money if you can find the older model or go for the slimmer ones.
  • Options
    Weird, I just saw these ones in the Sale at a local boots for £40..almost bought them. But then I noticed that Remington have brought out Teflon Ceramic straighteners that are far far better for your hair apparently! Just don't know how good they work..so if anyone knows :p
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I got my GHDs for cheaper online, as i got the old model. They were about £80. The babyliss ones are about £60 by the looks of it. I used babyliss for several years but they're nothing compared to GHDs! I leave my hair to dry naturally now and then straighten if I feel like it, whereas before with my old ones I'd still have loads of dry frizz after I straightened my hair without blow drying. So i had to blow dry then straighten which took forever. It's loads better now because they take 7 seconds to heat up and do my hair so quickly. I think they're worth the money if you can find the older model or go for the slimmer ones.
    Like I said I can't justify GHD hair straighteners so don't try to tell me they're the only ones to get - it's not helpful.

The babyliss ones are on sale for £35.

Lipsy my old ones are the orginal Remington Ceramic Teflon coated ones and they were really good but the coating has started to peal off at the edges. I have had them 4 years though so I don't mind, they've lasted a long time for the price!
  • Options
    I was just telling you that you can find them cheaper and closer to prices of other salon type straighteners if you look hard enough and if you want time savers they're a good investment.
  • Options
    I haven't tried them but tbh, all GHD's are are a lazy persons straightener!

Most straightener's are very good if you take time and do small pieces of hair. Mine were about £50 Remington ones and they're pretty good but no better than the £10 ones I had before! x
  • Options
    One of my first pair of straightners were Mark Hill ones and I thought they were really good. They did make my hair really straight, I think they were only around £60 but that was about 3 years ago.
  • Options
    I have http://www.conair.com/professional-instant-heat-straightener-with-ultrahot-ceramic-inch-plates-p-59.html and Conair and Babyliss are the same brand... or same parent company or something... they sell the same products :p It gets my Richard Simmons 'fro stick straight on a low setting one time over. So I'd probably reccomend the ones you say because I think that brand is mighty fine. (Plus it cost the equlivent of about 10 pounds, woo)
  • Options
    I have http://www.conair.com/professional-instant-heat-straightener-with-ultrahot-ceramic-inch-plates-p-59.html and Conair and Babyliss are the same brand... or same parent company or something... they sell the same products :p It gets my Richard Simmons 'fro stick straight on a low setting one time over. So I'd probably reccomend the ones you say because I think that brand is mighty fine. (Plus it cost the equlivent of about 10 pounds, woo)
    thanks, I think I will go for them :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ^_^ wrote: »
    I haven't tried them but tbh, all GHD's are are a lazy persons straightener!

Most straightener's are very good if you take time and do small pieces of hair.

That's a bit of an odd thing to say. I wouldn't say 'lazy person's' more for people who have particularly unruly hair and not all the time in the world to straighten it - why waste time doing really small pieces of hair if you can get bigger pieces done in half the time?

Anyhow, my GHDs snapped this morning :( (my own fault, I dropped some heavy stuff on them!)So if I can't fix them then I might well be investing in some remingtons as they are the second best brand I've ever had. I've taken Babyliss ones back on two occasions.