Home Anything Goes
Take part in our Watch Club tonight at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the TV series Euphoria! Join from this page.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

FAO: knitters that travel lots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
can i take circular needles on the plane?

i have been told yes, but i need comfirmation before i pack my handluggage

(and yes i know that this is the wrong forum but i need a quick responce as i'm leaving at 1am tonight!)

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy knit chick Posts: 9,972
    I think it can vary depending on airlines. I also have a funny feeling that you can't take metal needles on planes but plastic are ok?

I can't find anything on BAs website but other airlines may have more information.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ryan air say no
    I wouldent've thought you could take them, given the right amount of force they could go straight through someone's neck :P
    Hellfire wrote: »
    ryan air say no
    on circular as well?

thats bloody annoying cos i can only put so many books into my handluggage....

anyway, i shall be off soon, i need to eat and sleep seeing as i'm getting up at 2 ish
    Is there a website for restrictions? Not that it matters, TSA allowes them, but no full bottles of shampoo or throwing stars. I would have assumed yes, but I trust Rachie ;)
    rachie004 wrote: »
    You can't have them on any plane

It's true, you can't. Definitely not flying out from Leeds Bradford, anyway. I had a giant plastic crochet hook confiscated (obv lest I crochet weapons with which to hijack the plane) :(

Put them in the case you're checking in :yes:
    My friend had her bamboo knitting needles confiscated at the airport. It seems silly really as you can take a pen and pencil on, surely they are about as dangerous in terms of poking potential?
    I was wondering about that, too, 'cos mine are bamboo, but I've never risked trying. *sigh*

And yes, Rachie, they are the ones you can strangle people with!
  • littlemissylittlemissy knit chick Posts: 9,972
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Am I'm right in thinking that circular needles are just about the same as normal needles but with a bit of wire connecting them?

If so then not only do they have the sharp pointy bits for stabbing people with but also the facility to strangle people!

I did my security recurrents last week and circular needles was something that came up, but as usual, what would I know!

Don't believe you. You know nothing :p

I do really, I'm just stirring!