Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Getting over it.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so I asked a girl I like out but to she did not feel the same way and now I know, I need to move on but how? Do I stop talking to her for a while and try and get her out of my head or keep talking to her and let time pass and hope I move on?

How have you moved on in the past?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People react in different ways. You can either shut her out and not talk to her for a while and get over her that way. Or just accept what she said and make the best you can of a friendship.

It may hurt but in time you'll get over it and soon enough will find someone else you like.

Just do what you feel is best in the situation. If you feel a little awkward around her now then leave it a week or two and then speak to her again, let her know you hope you can still be friends if that's what you want.
    maybe its jus me mate, but i find that if i spend a few weeks completely ignorin them, then feel a bit empowered when they are worrying, askin what is up and then talk to them when u feel ready, when its cooled off a bit in your head...

or maybe thats just me ;)
    bobhope wrote: »
    maybe its jus me mate, but i find that if i spend a few weeks completely ignorin them, then feel a bit empowered when they are worrying, askin what is up and then talk to them when u feel ready, when its cooled off a bit in your head...

or maybe thats just me ;)

What would there be to cool off about? :confused:
    i find jus a few weeks avoidin contact lets the feelings cool a bit
    You just learn to let it go in your own way, sometimes a bit of space helps though.

Plenty more fish in the sea.
    Yeah sure space works, but don't completely ignore her because she'll think you have taken it very badly and you need to be the bigger person here and not let it show that she got to you :)

There's loadsa new people. When I get over someone, I usually try and focus on someone else. But, like the others said, everyone's different. It's hard, but you'll get over it :)
    Space normally helps me. However, I've found it does depend on the person's reaction aswell. Last year, I told a friend of a friend that I fancied him and basically said 'thank you, that's very sweet of you'. I managed to move on within a month or so, but we were both acting as though it was nothing.