Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Leaving the house

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:(

Anybody know why I'm finding it a bit difficult to actually leave the house?
I mean, i'm usually alright, but there have been times in the past and recently when I want to go for a walk but don't, and stuff like that. meh

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Stuck in a rut. When I don't leave the house for a few days, I find it hard to get out and am reluctant to do so. Need to force yourself out there.
    Could be stress, do you feel yourself 'panicking' when you are out?
    Janjan wrote: »
    Could be stress, do you feel yourself 'panicking' when you are out?

Only really if there are people around, happens a lot in town, usually get very stressed and worked up in public places, feels like they are looking at me all the time. >_<
    Nutter wrote: »
    Only really if there are people around, happens a lot in town, usually get very stressed and worked up in public places, feels like they are looking at me all the time. >_<

You should go and see a doctor, it sound slike your experiencing agrophobia
    that's not good... do you really think it is necessary ?
    I hate going to my doctor. I hate counselling. I'd rather just do it all at night..yeah.. in fact i just went for a walk and then had a lager in the garden and it was good, there was nobody about to spoil it. :)
    ugh.. my brain is annoying.
    that's not good... do you really think it is necessary ?
    I hate going to my doctor. I hate counselling. I'd rather just do it all at night..yeah.. in fact i just went for a walk and then had a lager in the garden and it was good, there was nobody about to spoil it. :)
    ugh.. my brain is annoying.

Well, it depends if you want to change how you're feeling mate.
    that is a very good point.
    the fact you think people are looking at you etc sounds like social anxiety

defo go to the doctors, they'll sort you with either propanonloyl (will ease the physical effects mainly) or diazepam (will chill you out more mentally)

if you find these do help then you'll more likely to pinpoint the problem and hopefully see someone for therapy, which will gradually fix it for you :)

good luck! :thumb:
    yeah it does sound more like social anxiety, I don't think agrophobia has anything to do with people.
    Do you smoke alot of Ganja?

I have a mate... well ex mate now, who has been smoking an eigth of weed pretty much every day since he was 15.
    He is now 19 and has never been clubbing, never goes to parties and has only been to the pub once or twice. Why? He is too scared to, he only goes out in his car to drive to hidden away places to smoke weed.

Sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent here, but that could be a reason?
    nah, i'm not into that stuff, i've seen the damage it does. :(
    But if it was it would certainly make things a little simpler because then it wouldn't just be me, it would be the drugs...if you get me. oh well.
    Hmm I think we all get a little bit like this.
    I mean, if I'm going out raving, clubbing or to a party, then nothing can stop me!!
    But if it's just going out into town to get some money out, post something or do some shopping e.t.c, then I can't be arsed, it just pisses me off.
    no offense but that just sounds like laziness..the way you worded it anyway.
    :(

Anybody know why I'm finding it a bit difficult to actually leave the house?
    I mean, i'm usually alright, but there have been times in the past and recently when I want to go for a walk but don't, and stuff like that. meh

yeah I have been inside all week but I think it's my depression. I just dont want to get out of bed and barely leave my room. Although tomorrow I am going shopping with a really good friend and I'm scared about that. Seems so silly.
    Rachael wrote: »
    yeah I have been inside all week but I think it's my depression. I just dont want to get out of bed and barely leave my room. Although tomorrow I am going shopping with a really good friend and I'm scared about that. Seems so silly.

ditto
    is it really busy where you live? Because I get a bit unnerved when theres crowds of people about. I wouldn't worry about people staring at you, just go out and do what you need to do. Keep thinking about what your doing when your out to keep you focused. :)
    im the same.
    Sometimes its not so bad, other times i want to kill the next person that comes near me or looks at me.
    I dont know what it is i get scared of, but sometimes people just make me so panicky and anxious that im raging with anger inside.

Last night was a good example, waiting to get suitcases from baggage reclaim at the airport. Looking at the people makes me sick. I hate them all,such stupid people. Then they all start crowding round, pushing their way through. Standing un-neccessarily close to me. And all i want to do is get my case and get away from them.
    :yes: :yuck:
    You need to get out and do something that shocks the system, its the only way really mate! I was in doors for fives days in a row over summer, which was severley depressing and de-motivating. I had a job interview on the sixth day, really didn't feel like going atall, still, I dragged myself to it and I was right as rain after it! Shook me up! in a good way! I felt turned on/awake again.

Get out there for an hour and you'll feel shit loads better. Trust!