Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Topshop Personal Shopper

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone tried this or anything similar? I'm experiencing a total crisis in confidence at the moment in terms of clothes/fashion. I see things I like all the time on other people but can't ever seem to find anything in the shops I like or that suits me. I've also come to realise that my whole wardrobe is pretty much unflattering on me - it's like I've had an awakening as to what my body shape really is and am at a loss as to what to do about it. I've tried some of the current fashions, like the smock-style tops and dresses, but they either make me look totally shapeless or 6 months pregnant. I don't have shedloads of money so can't afford to chuck all my clothes out and start again, particularly as I have no clue where to start, so would going to a personal shopper help, do you think?

For the record, I'm 5 ft 7, usually size 10 on top, size 12 bottom, I have relatively long legs and a shorter body and small boobs. My current wardrobe consists mainly of bootleg jeans and fitted t-shirts which seem to do absolutely nothing for my figure (why have I been wearing them all these years?!! :banghead:) so any suggestions on styles I could try would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey!

well i know exactly how u feel!! i went thru one of these stages bout a month ago! its shit .

im like u...a 10 on top and a 10 or 12 bottoms..x
    ive been told that bootcut jeans suit my figure best as it balances it out...i sumtyms wear skinnys but never feel totally confident in them!..
    also..racer back vest tops look really good with bootcut jeans...if theyre the ribbed ones..u know which ones im talking about?
    add a few acessories according to ur mood and u have a lovly simple outfit which is perfect 4 during the day and looks really cute..x

u can wear heels or pumps and it still looks cute..x

also ..i wear ugg boots with a chunky belt..i like this as its comfortable.

smock tops are quite in and probably wont make u look pregnant!

ul just feel that way...x x

..try asking for advice from the girls in the shops when u go...thyr usually honest and helpful and have prettty good styles thmselves..

hope i was a little help to u ...x x

wb x
    I really love wearing smock tops and skinny jeans and contrasting pumps. (i.e today I wearing a grey smock top, jeans that turn up the bottom but are still ankle length, and bright red pumps.) Team it with a few chosen accessories, pendant or a bangle?
    I recommend the personal shopper service at Debenhams. They have more choice of clothes than Top Shop and more classic stuff as opposed to trendy things that won't last longer than a season.
    i had one for my 19th birthday and got some money to spend too. it was nice to have someone carry your things but to be honest i know what i like wearing anyway so i didn't really listen to her ideas.. i'd rather wear what i want not what someone else tells me to.
    I really think those smock tops make anyone who has any sort of tummy look like they're pregnant, am I alone in this?
    but they're baggy so you'd have to have a bit of a pregnant belly for you to look in any way pregnant..?
    katralla wrote: »
    I really think those smock tops make anyone who has any sort of tummy look like they're pregnant, am I alone in this?
    Yeah I think this aswell. But seeing as I am pregnant, its great for me! Did'nt wear them before tho, did look pregnant - I have a bit (well alot) of a belly tho!:D

No, I agree. They really don't seem to look any good on me at all. They suit the skinny bints on Hollyoaks but on me they just seem to accentuate my worst bits.

As for the personal shopper thing, I've still got mixed feelings on it. Knowing my luck, if I went to one in Topshop they'd just put me in smocks anyway. Maybe I will try the Debenhams one, they found my mum a perfect dress for when she got re-married.
    I feel exactly the same, although longer ones that come past my bum look ok, it's just the short ones that make me look pregnant.

As for personal shopper go to Debenhams, you have more choice and it's still free, just make sure you tell them you're on a budget and just want 2/3 [or how ever many] nice outfits that can be interchanged to make a few more outfits.
    Have to agree in a way although i haven't got a tummy and they make me look rather like i'm in the first months of pregnancy. I think it's just a combination of the style and the shape of your body.