Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do you try and look your best when you go out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if you do, whether your going out drinking, or just on a trip to tescos.

I always put on jeans and gel in my hair, cos you never know who ou may meet when youre out.

Is anyone else the same?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, always :)
  • Options
    I can't remember the last time I did my hair or makeup or cared if my pants still had the ketchup stain from the night before. Just no reason anymore.
  • Options
    i don't wear make up so when going to tescos just chuck on a pair of jeans and a clean looking tshirt

if going out i'll put on jeans or trousesrs and a tidy top
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I just make sure to look fine/not look bad, I think always trying to look your best is vain. Then again, "going out" probably means something different to me than to most of you.
  • Options
    If I'm just nipping to the shop, no. It's a bit pointless gelling your hair and putting fancy clothes on if you're just gonna come back to the house straight after. Other than that, yeh I like to look good when I'm out and about.
  • Options
    I always put my makeup on and make sure my hair's looking respectable. I'm too self concious to go out looking like crap so I save my slobby days for the bank holidays.

If I'm leaving the house to go anywhere, I'll be looking glam lol.
  • Options
    Not if I'm just going to the shops. I do wear minimal make up for work and seeing freinds but dont bother the rest of the time. I dont see the need to make an impression unless its important.
  • Options
    I don't get dressed up to just go the shops or town, the only thing I'll do is put my contacts in and make sure I've got clean clothes on and not my pj's. Which I did had a habit of doing, going shopping in my pj's, when I lived in Liverpool :blush: .
    If I'm going out at night or for a meal I do make an effort with make up and hair, as my mum says I can scrub up well!
  • Options
    when i go to the gym i really dont give a crap, it's lucky if i brush my hair and there is seriously no point putting on makeup if you're going to the gym.

when im out shopping with friends or whatever i put on a bit of makeup and brush my hair and just wear jeans all the time.

when im going out all i do is put on a bit more makeup but not a lot..and switch a tshirt for a nice top and if i can be arsed do my hair.
  • Options
    I don't care most of the time. But I'm lazy.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    If I'm just nipping to the shop, no. It's a bit pointless gelling your hair and putting fancy clothes on if you're just gonna come back to the house straight after. Other than that, yeh I like to look good when I'm out and about.

Same as the above :)
  • Options
    I like to look good in work.

I also *have* to look good if I'm seeing my friends, going out or seeing a boy.

If I'm going to gym or going the shops, I don't really care, lol. I like to look respectable but I don't go to a huge effort.
  • Options
    I can't be arsed unless I have hours to get ready or I'm going somewhere special. If I'm going somewhere with other people I'll make sure I'm looking half-decent but otherwise, I don't really see the point.
  • Options
    I always have to have my contact lenses in.
    I used to be really bad and wouldn't leave the house without make up but when I was working as a chugger, it was so tiring, I couldn't be bothered to put make up on in the morning and people were complimentary to me so I realised I didn't actually need the make up:)

I'm worse in my hometown than Manchester because only ten thousand live here and you're more likely to bump into an ex or someone from school you haven't seen in a while!
  • Options
    I can't remember the last time I did my hair or makeup or cared if my pants still had the ketchup stain from the night before. Just no reason anymore.

i dont know why but that seems quite sad to me! why do you not care about the way you look? i cant imagine going out with a stain on my pants or anything!

i pretty much always try and make sure im looking presentable. i rarely leave the house without wearing mascara. im trying to save my hair recently by wearing it up more, and not washing it everyday, so i dont have to straighten it all the time and its killing me, i feel well rough with it up :/

work is annoying too because lots of people come in who i know so if i look a mess everyone sees. i feel less confident if my hair is a mess or something.
  • Options
    i dont know why but that seems quite sad to me! why do you not care about the way you look? i cant imagine going out with a stain on my pants or anything!

i pretty much always try and make sure im looking presentable. i rarely leave the house without wearing mascara. im trying to save my hair recently by wearing it up more, and not washing it everyday, so i dont have to straighten it all the time and its killing me, i feel well rough with it up :/

work is annoying too because lots of people come in who i know so if i look a mess everyone sees. i feel less confident if my hair is a mess or something.

:yes: Pretty much the same here, although I obviously leave the house without wearing mascara frequently...

I do moisturise my hands and face though... :chin:
  • Options

Well I don't actually go out with stains ;) A bit of an exxageration if you will, but I just don't care about the way I look, don't have the energy to do it and nobody to impress anyways. Plus I think I look alright without doing anything anyways, *pops big head* :p
  • Options
    Fuck it, I've been out plenty of times with food stains on my jeans. Not that big a deal.
  • Options
    My thing is, I don't think I look like crap when I'm undone. I occasionally get dolled up with a bit of amkeup and something glam, but I mostly, roll off the sofa in the clothes I slept in the night before and go about my business. Yeah? gross- whatever! lol I have a kinda ex-friend who takes a fucking hour to leave the house in the morning, even if it's just to go to the shop, she has to straighten her hair, put on a fuck load of slap and all that malarky. I think, as long as I'm reasonably clean, shower every 24hrs where practical, then all is well. I do go through phases though...
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    :yes: Pretty much the same here, although I obviously leave the house without wearing mascara frequently...

I do moisturise my hands and face though... :chin:

:lol: maybe you should start wearing mascara too then. hehe. nah moisturising is a good thing. do you have lovely soft nana hands? :D
  • Options
    Plus I think I look alright without doing anything anyways, *pops big head* :p

Exactly!
  • Options
    Plus I think I look alright without doing anything anyways, *pops big head* :p

well you're lucky then :)
  • Options
    I always make sure i look presentable, but 9 times out of 10 i wear my hair up and don't wear any make up. I just dont see the point, especially if i look fine without it.

Although if im going out out, then yes i will do my hair, do my make up and wear some of my more pretty clothes (and shoes)!
  • Options
    I always try to look my best, because life is a catwalk ;)

I also feel much happier and confident when I've made an effort
  • Options
    I rarely try to look my best, but I do always try to look presentable. Nowt wrong with that!
  • Options
    I at least try and look clean when I go out, even if it is just to get milk from the shop or something. I don't always make loads of effort if I'm going shopping into town or whatever, but I'll try to make sure I look OK because 9 times out of 10 if I make no effort whatsoever I will bump into someone I REALLY don't want to see me looking a state. It's sod's law.
  • Options
    :lol: maybe you should start wearing mascara too then. hehe. nah moisturising is a good thing. do you have lovely soft nana hands? :D

Lol Well I get quite dry skin on my hands, so I have to moisturise them or it feels horrible and irritates me.
    As for my face, I dunno I just kinda started moisturising it to keep my skin soft and nice. :)
  • Options
    I always make a bit of an effort because its rare that I leave the house just for 10 minutes or something, if I'm going out I tend to be doing so for a while. The only time I popped out in my pj bottoms and a hoodie to Tesco at midnight I bumped into people I knew :o
  • Options
    I'll put on mascara and a bit of foundation if i'm just nipping out/not going anywhere special. For school and going out though i make a bit more effort.
  • Options
    I always put my makeup on and make sure my hair's looking respectable. I'm too self concious to go out looking like crap so I save my slobby days for the bank holidays.

If I'm leaving the house to go anywhere, I'll be looking glam lol.

Ditto, where "anywhere" means somewhere decent. I.E not just the shop :P