Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

dvds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i forget for the UK is it region one or region two? thanks in advance
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Region 2
    ahh thankyou scott. i need to stop buying dvds
    Actually, if you wanted to buy a dvd that is only available in America but to you want to play it here... what specs would you have to get it in?

For example i want to buy the Dogman dvd with all the extras which is only available in America.
    Well it'd be region 1 if it's only available in America. So you'd have to sort your DVD player out. You can get remote control codes for a lot of DVD players that you type in to make it mutliregion. Try typing your DVD player model number into Google with the word multiregion, and you might find out how to do it. Best to try this before you buy it and test it with a region 1 DVD if you know anyone you might be able to borrow one off.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    And there's also the NTSC thing. Both your player and your TV have to be able to display in NTSC.
    I think pretty much all TV's can do that now though can't they?

Actually, I'm not sure that's an issue. Japan and Europe are the same region DVD's, but they're NTSC and we're PAL, and the DVD's are compatible. If NTSC was an issue, then there wouldn't be any need for region locking in the first place as far as I can see.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think pretty much all TV's can do that now though can't they?
    :shrugs:
    I don't really know, I've not bought a TV in more than 10 years. :p It can't hurt to keep it in mind.