Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone know anything about paintings?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I found a few paintings in a cupboard a while ago and was clearing it out today and decided to check if they're worth anything. I think they are reprints though so I'm not sure if they actually will be worth anything. Although one or two look to be original but again, I'm not sure.

Would anyone be able to tell me or suggest what to try?

Comments

• Options
    Doubtful mate you'll make anything more than £100 a piece, they could be more expensive or they could be pieces of rubbish.

Still, you can go and get them valued by a professional.
  • Options
    Mate, are you havin a laugh? I'd be happy with anything near that!
  • Options
    Jazza wrote: »
    Mate, are you havin a laugh? I'd be happy with anything near that!

I thought you were looking some serious cash. ;)

Don't take my word for it, they could well be worth only a couple of quid. Need to see a professional.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote: »
    I found a few paintings in a cupboard a while ago and was clearing it out today and decided to check if they're worth anything. I think they are reprints though so I'm not sure if they actually will be worth anything. Although one or two look to be original but again, I'm not sure.

Would anyone be able to tell me or suggest what to try?

You should be able to tell whether they are prints or origonals.

Do they look like oil paintings, watercolour or what?

And if they are prints, do they look as though they have been signed by the artist at all (an origonal signature - not a print)? They are usually signed in pencil and marked as, say, 78/500 ... meaning it is one of a signed batch of 500, for example.

Unsigned prints are virtually valueless but origonal artwork, or signed prints, could be of some value.

Maybe we will see you on Antiques Roadshow sometime, fainting at the valuation of £100k???? ;)
  • Options
    I asked my dad today and virtually every one of them are valueless :( Can't hurt that I tried :lol: