Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Old Kids TV Show?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, so i have this memory, back from when we used to use Betamax recorders and we didnt have Sky tv... the 80's! There was this tv show, a kids tv show i believe, about a Bus that could Fly and it had a driver who was this chap with a beard and a load of young teens who lived on the bus fighting some evil criminal who had kidnapped the Flying Buses builder, who might have been one of the Kids dads.

Does anyone know this tv show and if so what was it called? (Had a nice catchy Theme tune i remember)

If no one remembers it... then i might have had a psychotic episode and my mind has gone funny!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    So, no one else remembers it or watched it then? :(
  • Options
    Nope. Have you tried websites that show 80s kids shows? Or tv-links.com
  • Options
    Babe, i tried them all! I am confined to the fact i should give up... or try to find an old betamax player and my old tapes and hope one has it on... just to find out the name of it!
  • Options
    was it a cartoon?
  • Options
    Nah, live action! Real young teens a couple old timers, with beards.
  • Options
    Tried to google something, it came up with the OP :eek:
  • Options
    Seems too recent to me but the plot seems to match -

http://www.tv.com/the-magic-school-bus/show/1352/summary.html?tag=tabs;summary
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys, but not go so far. It's live action. Like a real bus that had a balloon attached to its roof so it could fly i think.

I shall of course keep looking for it.
  • Options
    I think I know of the show of which you speak, but the one I remember was in German I think. Probably part of a "learn German" show. And it was later than the 80s. So I'm probably not thinking of the same show at all.
  • Options
    lol, indeed. I am half thinking despite much of the show taking place in London and around England that the show i am thinking of might have been Australian made or American made as some of the cast were from other countries, like the idea being multi-cultural friends working together to solve problems, etc.