Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Well done Rob Styles!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Congratulations mate, on robbing the Scousers of two points. You should be proud of yourself.

What a ludicrous decision, needless to say Moaninho doesn't see anything wrong with it. Good to see that nothing changes- Styles is bent, and Chelsea are a team full of cheating scum.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    Congratulations mate, on robbing the Scousers of two points. You should be proud of yourself.

What a ludicrous decision, needless to say Moaninho doesn't see anything wrong with it. Good to see that nothing changes- Styles is bent, and Chelsea are a team full of cheating scum.

I can understand your anger, but it's pretty obvious that most premiership teams are full of cheating scum these days and they'll all take what they can get. Sure, the big clubs seem to get more decisions go their way, but football has turned into a game of cheating, acting, too much money, too much player-power and non-sportsmanship as a whole anyway, so I don't really view a particular team as being any more scummy than another. You win some, you lose some...
  • Options
    You win some, you lose some...

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.
  • Options
    It was an unbeleivable decision.
  • Options
    You win some, you lose some...

I'm no Liverpool fan, it's more the fact that Rob Styles is terminally incompetent and he should be banished permanently to Hackney Marshes.

Liverpool have had their own fair share of dodgy decisions (like Gerrard's "penalty" last season at Bramall Lane) but I don't believe that incompetence like this evens itself out. Bolton fans would agree.
  • Options
    Liverpool have had their own fair share of dodgy decisions (like Gerrard's "penalty" last season at Bramall Lane)

What exactly did the Sheffield United player to Gerrard?:confused: All I seem to remember is Gerrard slipping or something like that.
  • Options
    Nothing, that was my point. I'm fairly sure that was Rob Styles too, now I come to think of it...

He's either the most incompetent man alive, or he's got nobbled by some betting syndicate like in Germany.
  • Options
    I'm no Liverpool fan, it's more the fact that Rob Styles is terminally incompetent and he should be banished permanently to Hackney Marshes.

Liverpool have had their own fair share of dodgy decisions (like Gerrard's "penalty" last season at Bramall Lane) but I don't believe that incompetence like this evens itself out. Bolton fans would agree.

Yeah, well most refs are incompetent. They need to get a grip. It's another major problem with the game.

My point was that I don't think you can call Chelsea scummy for taking an advantage of a ridiculous decision by the twat in black. Liverpool, and any other team for that matter would have been just as happy to take advantage of a similar situation. It's no good one premiership team claiming that another is full of cheats - because cheating etc is rife amongst every team in football these days. Either, refs start to get a grip, laws are tightened up and a serious effort is made to eradicate cheating and bring sportsmanship back to the game or everyone carries on cheating and taking whatever they can get away with - but if that's the case, nobody should have the right to say that so and so are cheats etc...

For the record I pretty much hate Liverpool and Chelsea - I speak from a neutral point of view. It's just I seem this sort of talk all the time in football now, and the sort of things going on with shite refs and diving around etc and it's all just becoming a big farce. I lose more and more respect for the game with every week that goes by...
  • Options
    He's a cunt, was in the pub watching it and was literally jumping up and down in fury. What a fucking twat! :mad:
  • Options
    There's no honesty anymore, which is a problem, but of course the teams are going to take advantage of a ludicrous decision, it would be unprofessional not to.

But to come out and claim that it was a penalty just makes you look like a fool.

Styles should be sacked, but the problem is that if all the incompetent refs were sacked, there'd be nobody left to officiate the games.
  • Options
    Yeah, well most refs are incompetent.

Of course, there is an alternative perspective which suggests that:

a) most fans and players don't actually *know* the rules of the game, only think that they do.

b) referees are not autmatons and so will make mistakes. They don't have several different agles to view from, and have a milisecond to decide.

c) without the referee there is no game. It's about time that people showed them some fucking respect IMHO - that goes for all in this thread. I am sick and tired to hearing how referees are bent or incompetent etc.

Think you can do better? Try it. Otherwise STFU.
  • Options
    Of course, there is an alternative perspective which suggests that:

a) most fans and players don't actually *know* the rules of the game, only think that they do.

b) referees are not autmatons and so will make mistakes. They don't have several different agles to view from, and have a milisecond to decide.

c) without the referee there is no game. It's about time that people showed them some fucking respect IMHO - that goes for all in this thread. I am sick and tired to hearing how referees are bent or incompetent etc.

Well, those are a all true in the grand scheme of things, but you can't use those arguments in today's case. You really trying to say that was a penalty?
  • Options
    It doesn't matter. Why focus on one incident in the game?

What about the other 89.5 minutes?
  • Options
    Alan Green was having a field day on FiveLive when I was listening to the game in the car. Him and Lawrenson (totally impartial commentary team...) were really laying into him and there are few greater sounds that Alan Green in full rant-mode.
  • Options

Did you watch the match? Liverpool were all over them.
  • Options

Well Chelsea didn't look like scoring for the other 89.5 minutes, and wouldn't have scored if it hadn't been for Styles, so what's your point?

Chelsea were even more inept going forward than Man Utd.
  • Options
    Yeah, and at one point Gerrard completely balooned a shot.

Why aren't any of you asking how competent he is? How many of his passess went amiss? How many fouls did he commit?

What about the other 10 players on the Liverpool team, did they have perfect games?

I could sit here and comment on hwo I thought that Evra was fouled today and United should have had a penalty. They didn't, United lost - even though they completely outplayed City. Fact is you can only blame the players on the pitch.

If Liverpool were, as u say, all over Chelsea then why did one incident make the difference?
  • Options
    Missed all this today, was too busy shouting rude words at that horrible little dwarf Strachan.

Saw it on the news though, did Malouda not just jump infront of the guy? Ah well.
  • Options
    Games should be decided by the players on the pitch, not by incompetent officials. Liverpool had scored a legitimate goal, and were leading. Chelsea were toothless in attack, and indeed the "penalty" was as a result of Malouda ballsing up a volley and falling on his arse. Why should Liverpool have to score two goals because the referee can't do his job properly?

Referees are only human, but if I performed like Styles in my line of work I'd have gotten acquainted with my P45 a long time ago. It's not an isolated incident from this particular referee. And if Liverpool's players played like Styles they'd be getting relegated with a record low points total.

Although since you talk about deciding a performance on more than one incident, what about Styles showing a yellow card to Essien and then denying he'd done it once he realised Essien was already booked?

Evra wasn't fouled, btw, the game was decided how it should have been decided- by Geovanni scoring a goal with their only shot on goal, and Tevez playing like Eeyore.
  • Options
    If Liverpool were, as u say, all over Chelsea then why did one incident make the difference?

For someone who proclaims to have a great knowledge of the game you completely miss a very often occurance in football. The best team doesn't always win, football is football, there are lots of ifs and buts. However, a major incident like a penalty that definately shouldn't have been cannot be overlooked, if Chelsea had scored a goal where there was a hint of an offside or a scramble in the box do you really think a thread would eb necessitated? No, it wouldn't. It does in this instance. The referee had a shambles of a game and we have every right to call him a cunt, which he is. :)
  • Options
    Games should be decided by the players on the pitch, not by incompetent officials.

... and they had plenty of opportunity. They failed. They should have put the game beyond any doubt butthey just weren't up to the task.
    Why should Liverpool have to score two goals because the referee can't do his job properly?

So, basically you are saying that Liverpool can fuck up as much as they like, but the ref can't?
    Evra wasn't fouled, btw, the game was decided how it should have been decided.

yes he was. He was taken out from behind, legs taken away which is why he screwed the shot. It was a foul.

The fact that United fucked up in the other 89.5 minutes, is why they failed to win the match. not because of a few poor decisions. NB United got away with some rough tackles too.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    However, a major incident like a penalty that definately shouldn't have been cannot be overlooked

Why not, you are overlooking every other missed tackle, missed shot, missed pass etc.

How many people complaining about referees have ever tried to become one?

The attitudes one these boards are replicated across the country every weekend. It's always the referee's fault and never the team. The ref is an easy scapegoat because you can blame someone else and never look at your own performance, or that of your team.

These attitudes are also taken onto the pitch in pub football and it's why there aren't many refs at that level anymore. We're fed up with the abuse and sometimes the violence which follows it. So we don't bother with the games anymore and the game suffers as a result. the way things are going there won't be enough qualified refs anymore and so games just won't happen - or they will be officiated by coaches who know fuck all about the actual rules of the game.

End of the day, Liverpool had 90 minutes to win a match. They didn't. You can blame the one deicision of a ref or you can look at the rest of the game.
  • Options
    I reckon a lot of the ill-feeling and lack of respect towards refs could be stopped by them simply coming out at admitting that they were wrong once in a while. Instead of making up some bullshit to cover their backs like "I know I looked at Essien and put a yellow card in the air, but I was giving it to Terry who was half way across the pitch, honest."

But anyway, I don't remember all these Liverpool fans being outraged the other week when they scored from a blatantly dodgy free kick. And I don't think you can accuse Chelsea of cheating just because they were the beneficiary of a bad decision. I don't know what the fuck Malouda was trying, but it certainly wasn't trying to get a penalty.

As for the Manchester derby, Man City certainly didn't deserve to win, but then neither did Man Utd, because they were hopeless in front of goal. Either way, it doesn't matter. 9 points from 9, top of the league. Get In! :yippe: The only worrying thing is that all three of our players that went off looked to be struggling with injuries.
  • Options
    Gerrard constanly falls over and wins Liverpool free kicks and pens. Two examples of the top of my head Villa last week and Bramall Lane last season, its about time Liverpool had a taste of their own medicine.
  • Options
    I just look at the example of cricket umpires and rugby refs. They make a few mistakes, but not as many glaring idiotic mistakes as football refs. Add to that the fact that they actually have control of the game and the respect of the players and that's what I mean about football referees being incompetent...
  • Options
    Come on MoK, your argument is crap, get with it man!!
    Chelsea didn't cheat, although they harrass the ref a hell of lot but Malouda didn't dive IMO!! Liverpool were 1-0 up from a fantastic goal and were in control of the game, the only shot Chelsea had on target was the penalty which wasn't a penalty, he was stood next to it and how he saw penalty is beyond me and how you can argue its Liverpools fault for not scoring another goal is just well......laughable!!

And before you start, no I'm not a qualified ref but I have reffed quite a number of games recently due to being unable to play cos of all the metal that was put into my ankle to fix a nasty break, and yes I did an excellent job and yes I still got lots of shit from the sidelines and from the players but tell you what I loved the shit, I soon put them in their place, if you can't handle a bit of shit, don't ref......simple!!
  • Options
    Rob Styles has being sacked!!
    Just heard on sky sports news, no story on internet that I can find just yet!!
  • Options
    Linkage from the BBC. He has been dropped for next week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6954211.stm
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Linkage from the BBC. He has been dropped for next week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6954211.stm
    Just skimmed that link and thats Poll saying he should get dropped for a week, the interview I partly caught in the canteen at work was from Keith Hackett and I'm sure he's being sacked!! Poll has no say about refs from what I know!!
  • Options
    You were right, he's just being dropped for a week, heres the story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6954211.stm
  • Options
    Why not, you are overlooking every other missed tackle, missed shot, missed pass etc.

How many people complaining about referees have ever tried to become one?

The attitudes one these boards are replicated across the country every weekend. It's always the referee's fault and never the team. The ref is an easy scapegoat because you can blame someone else and never look at your own performance, or that of your team.

These attitudes are also taken onto the pitch in pub football and it's why there aren't many refs at that level anymore. We're fed up with the abuse and sometimes the violence which follows it. So we don't bother with the games anymore and the game suffers as a result. the way things are going there won't be enough qualified refs anymore and so games just won't happen - or they will be officiated by coaches who know fuck all about the actual rules of the game.

End of the day, Liverpool had 90 minutes to win a match. They didn't. You can blame the one deicision of a ref or you can look at the rest of the game.

Here ya go again *yawn*.