Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where are you going?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    icey wrote: »
    Boo! Theyre all cunts at nottingham uni, trent is where its at! :razz:

Yea... sure. Well I'll set about changing that then :p
  • Options
    Boo! Theyre all cunts at nottingham uni, trent is where its at! :razz:

Lol Yeah I've heard about the rivalry....aren't nottingham uni students all stuck up twats who look down on you if you go to trent? :lol: How pathetic!

I think I'll be having the same trouble in Southampton as I'm going to Solent not the 'UNI'.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol Yeah I've heard about the rivalry....aren't nottingham uni students all stuck up twats who look down on you if you go to trent? :lol: How pathetic!

I think I'll be having the same trouble in Southampton as I'm going to Solent not the 'UNI'.

Haha, they say this about Man Uni and Met. I have to say some of my friends do look down their noses at the Metters but I don't really care. My local is full of Metters because I live nearer Met than my Uni so I have met loads of them and they are no different! I find I do tend to avoid saying I'm from the Uni first off though so I don't get judged too harshly.

You get rivalry all over the shop though. For instance, I find the medics think they're better than anyone else. And there's big rivalries between languages etc
  • Options
    I'm going to Keele University to read medicine. I am just glad I got the grades!!! :)
  • Options
    nicolalou wrote: »
    Haha, they say this about Man Uni and Met. I have to say some of my friends do look down their noses at the Metters but I don't really care. My local is full of Metters because I live nearer Met than my Uni so I have met loads of them and they are no different! I find I do tend to avoid saying I'm from the Uni first off though so I don't get judged too harshly.

You get rivalry all over the shop though. For instance, I find the medics think they're better than anyone else. And there's big rivalries between languages etc

Is it ever sorted out with a giant pub brawl? :p
  • Options
    You'd be suprised at the difference in atmosphere between nottingham uni and trent uni nights in clubs. I've been to both and the trent nights are miles better (and im not just saying that cause i go there :p) Nottingham students seem to be very sure of themselves and if they dont already know you you're not worth knowing was the way it seemed.
    I'm sure you'll have a great time though kate, notts is great city to live and study in...we'll probably bump into each other at some point and never even realise lol
  • Options
    I'm sure you'll have a great time though kate, notts is great city to live and study in...we'll probably bump into each other at some point and never even realise lol

Unless I become really sure of myself and reckon you're not worth knowing lol :p
  • Options
    Is it ever sorted out with a giant pub brawl? :p

Haha, no but I would soo love that! I'd just be throwing punches here there and everywhere for shits and giggles!
  • Options
    Haha, no but I would soo love that! I'd just be throwing punches here there and everywhere for shits and giggles!

:lol: You yob, you! :p
  • Options
    I find I do tend to avoid saying I'm from the Uni first off though so I don't get judged too harshly.
    That's like an American saying that they're actually Canadian. And I know what your real opinion of MMU students is - not good, to say the least. :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    That's like an American saying that they're actually Canadian. And I know what your real opinion of MMU students is - not good, to say the least. :p

Actually that was a joke, I am sorry you didn't understand my humour and I suppose it didn't really come across very well on the Internet but I would have thought not anybody could say something like what I said in a serious way. I think you need to lighten up a touch.
  • Options
    Actually that was a joke, I am sorry you didn't understand my humour and I suppose it didn't really come across very well on the Internet but I would have thought not anybody could say something like what I said in a serious way. I think you need to lighten up a touch.
    I suspect I'm not the only person that would not take kindly to being referred to as "scum" merely for his choice of university.
  • Options
    I suspect I'm not the only person that would not take kindly to being referred to as "scum" merely for his choice of university.

Its only banter lad. Im Aston Scum and B'ham Uni students are B'ham Scum. Simple :)
  • Options

Where did someone call you scum? Am i just being really thick and missed it?!

Chill out a bit, you're a bit defensive about going to Man Met - theres nowt wrong with it! I have friends at both Manchester Uni and Man Met and they both like it! I applied to Man Met this year :] i really dont get the whole rivalry iv never met anyone from manchester uni whos actively looked down on a metter...although i suppose those people do exist. like goodfella said, its just a bit of friendly rivalry.

it was the same in the town where i went to college, there were two main colleges and people would say there was rivalry between them. its just a bit of fun really. you get it everywhere.
  • Options
    Where did someone call you scum? Am i just being really thick and missed it?!

That's what I was thinking. And it's just friendly banter, it's like that everywhere but you don't actually mean it!

You need to chill out man and stop taking everything so personally and to heart.
  • Options
    I don't know why I get so defensive whenever anyone mentions MMU. It's partly rivalry with my own sister. I'm not saying where she's going, but my parents are fairly quick to point out they far prefer her choice. In any case, when people ask where I'm going, I just say "Manchester" and leave it at that.
    lipsy wrote: »
    You need to chill out man and stop taking everything so personally and to heart.
    You're in no place to be lecturing me. Do you really need a reminder of all those kind words you said to me last year about university? Perhaps you were just joking when you called me "pathetic" and said that I "couldn't cope with any of life's challenges". Maybe you were just winding me up when you said, five months later, "I stand by all I said".

I can see several flying pigs...
  • Options
    What the fuck are you talking about?? You have a permanent chip on your shoulder! And if you remember as well as calling yuou apthetic I also said that I hoped you would go to Uni the following year and stick it out. You are like a broken record I swear.
  • Options
    You're in no place to be lecturing me. Do you really need a reminder of all those kind words you said to me last year about university? Perhaps you were just joking when you called me "pathetic" and said that I "couldn't cope with any of life's challenges". Maybe you were just winding me up when you said, five months later, "I stand by all I said".

I can see several flying pigs...

ooh, its like an episode of hollyoaks or something!

PS lipsy was telling you to chill out a bit, which is exactly what i said but you didn't have a go at me for lecturing you. as for the other things I can't remember that far ago. haha.
  • Options
    PS lipsy was telling you to chill out a bit, which is exactly what i said but you didn't have a go at me for lecturing you.

I know. He's always picking on me :(
  • Options
    What the fuck are you talking about?? You have a permanent chip on your shoulder! And if you remember as well as calling yuou apthetic I also said that I hoped you would go to Uni the following year and stick it out. You are like a broken record I swear.
    You only said that reluctantly. After being told off by a moderator, you backtracked slightly, but you stood by your words months later, and as far as I know, still do. I'm not surprised, however - there is a small band people on this site who relish giving me a good kicking when I'm down. I can't help but notice it's always the same names that appear to criticise me - the very same people who don't seem to realise their opinion, in my eyes, counts for absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    You only said that reluctantly. After being told off by a moderator, you backtracked slightly, but you stood by your words months later, and as far as I know, still do. I'm not surprised, however - there is a small band people on this site who relish giving me a good kicking when I'm down. I can't help but notice it's always the same names that appear to criticise me - the very same people who don't seem to realise their opinion, in my eyes, counts for absolutely nothing.

oh please GET OVER YOURSELF. You really think people ar ejust after you all the time and they're not! Poor stargalaxy always playing the victim. And considering you don't care about certain peoples' opinions you don't half bang on about it over and over.
  • Options
    03_chill.gif
  • Options
    innit :D
  • Options
    oh please GET OVER YOURSELF. You really think people ar ejust after you all the time and they're not!
    Well, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. We'll see in a couple of months whether I'm still, in your own words, "pathetic" and still "can't cope with any of life's challenges". Having said that though, I admit if I left for a second time, it would look very bad. Your words would have quite a lot of truth in them in that case - which is why I'm determined to get everything right this time.
  • Options
    Well, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. We'll see in a couple of months whether I'm still, in your own words, "pathetic" and still "can't cope with any of life's challenges". Having said that though, I admit if I left for a second time, it would look very bad. Your words would have quite a lot of truth in them in that case - which is why I'm determined to get everything right this time.

Well I should hope you've grown up a bit a year later.
  • Options
    Well I should hope you've grown up a bit a year later.
    Without a doubt. The months that followed my leaving taught me a few things about myself and life. You don't have the full story about events at that time, but I wasn't approaching university last year in a particularly mature way.
  • Options
    Dont pressure yourself though. Take it easy and try an have a good time!
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »
    Dont pressure yourself though. Take it easy and try an have a good time!
    I have to put pressure on myself, otherwise I'm going to get nowhere. If I don't go to university, this year, it is never going to happen. Besides which, what on earth am I going to do if I don't go? I'm 22 now, and high time there was some kind of direction in my life.
  • Options
    I have to put pressure on myself, otherwise I'm going to get nowhere. If I don't go to university, this year, it is never going to happen. Besides which, what on earth am I going to do if I don't go? I'm 22 now, and high time there was some kind of direction in my life.

I do recall the other thread, which I'd completely forgotten about btw, that University isn't important. Now its...
    Besides which, what on earth am I going to do if I don't go?

...good on you though. Get it done!

I had an house mate last year, although he did turn out into an absolute ball ache to get on with, he was 23!
  • Options

Same anywhere where you have a red brick university and an ex-poly. In Bristol, all the people who go to Bristol Uni (me) were the posh stuck-up wankers living on daddy's credit card and all the UWE folk were cretinous retards studying texting or advanced wind breaking. It's the same anywhere.