Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where are you going?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What university are you going to?
OR what higher education establishment have you chosen to study at...and why?

(Am going to university of Lincoln)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Southampton Solent uni, but it's deferred so I won't be going until September 2008.
  • Options
    univeristy of warwick because i liked the uni. i'm a bit worried now though as i just went on some warwick forums and everyone there seems to be know-it-alls and apparently the wardens on campus are really strict when it comes to noise levels!:shocking:
  • Options
    crystalx2 wrote: »
    univeristy of warwick because i liked the uni. i'm a bit worried now though as i just went on some warwick forums and everyone there seems to be know-it-alls and apparently the wardens on campus are really strict when it comes to noise levels!:shocking:

am sure it will be fine, it's all for your safety and well being anyway. :)
  • Options
    Chichester, because it's only a 25 minute drive away, and it means I can still live at home and be with the OH.
  • Options
    the 'OH'?
  • Options
  • Options
    crystalx2 wrote: »

You'd probably get that whatever uni you go to.
  • Options
    oh okies.. and eeerr... yeah that dot sounds good otter! ;p
  • Options
    i hope you enjoy lincoln nutter. :) and i sincerely hope your freshers week is good 'cause mine was shit!

eta: what halls are you staying in?
  • Options
    i'm staying at home for the first year at least. I hope it's good too. why was yours so shit?
  • Options
    I'm going to Nottingham, because I liked the course, the campus is lovely, city looks alright, and it's about 2 hours away; far enough to be different, but not so far it takes a whole day to travel home.
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    i'm staying at home for the first year at least. I hope it's good too. why was yours so shit?

oh yeh i think i remember you saying. well the bit i was most looking forward to was cancelled. they said it was because the police wouldn't allow them to go ahead with it but later we found out it was because someone from the SU had been involved in drugs or something. :confused: then the things they had were pants. i don't think lincoln are very good on ents really. :no:
  • Options
    I'm going to Nottingham, because I liked the course, the campus is lovely, city looks alright, and it's about 2 hours away; far enough to be different, but not so far it takes a whole day to travel home.

Good choice, Nottingham is a great city for students. :thumb:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Good choice, Nottingham is a great city for students. :thumb:

And for gun runners :thumb:
  • Options
    I turned down an offer from Lincoln. Instead, I'm going to MMU, or Manchester Metropolitan University, to give it its full name.
  • Options
    Kent Uni in Canterbury because it is a distance from home without being too far, I like the area and the English Dept have a good rep.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I'm going to MMU, or Manchester Metropolitan University, to give it its full name.

is that what you're going to say when people ask you in person? manchester met would suffice i'm sure. :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I turned down an offer from Lincoln. Instead, I'm going to MMU, or Manchester Metropolitan University, to give it its full name.

cool, a friend of mine is doing creative writing there. as far as i know she is happy with the place.
  • Options

Ho ho ho :yeees:
  • Options
    is that what you're going to say when people ask you in person? manchester met would suffice i'm sure. :p
    None of the above. When people ask where I'm going to study, I just say "Manchester". They seem happy with that answer - after making several unflattering comments about the city, of course...
  • Options

:nervous:
  • Options
    I've just finished my bachelor degree in Psychology at the University of Glasgow and I'm going to study for an MSc at Leiden University in the Netherlands. I've always wanted to study in Holland, it's cheaper than studying here in Scotland and the course is really what I was looking for so the best place all round really. :)
  • Options
    silverhalo wrote: »
    I've just finished my bachelor degree in Psychology at the University of Glasgow and I'm going to study for an MSc at Leiden University in the Netherlands. I've always wanted to study in Holland, it's cheaper than studying here in Scotland and the course is really what I was looking for so the best place all round really. :)

wow. good luck!
  • Options
    :nervous:

Dont worry just stay aware from the ghettos and you will be fine. Its a great city really.
  • Options
    christ's college cambridge for me :)
  • Options
    My postgrad course is at University College Falmouth. It has an international reputation for the course i will be doing.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    My postgrad course is at University College Falmouth. It has an international reputation for the course i will be doing.

Is it an art and design related one by any chance? coz i considered it but the distance from where i am now put me off.
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    Is it an art and design related one by any chance? coz i considered it but the distance from where i am now put me off.

Its media related. Distance is no worry for me, the further from home the better. :p
  • Options
    Northumbria University :D.
  • Options
    Boo! Theyre all cunts at nottingham uni, trent is where its at! :razz: