Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Archery expert needed,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone here into alot of archery, got some questions which need answered if ya got time,

Firstly, I've only ever fired Recurve bows, modern with an Arrow rest, where was I want to get into Traditional Archery Longbow or maybe a Kyudo Bow, Now I notice these don't have rests so are obviously fired using the hand as a rest, is there alot of a difference in this,

also is there much of a difference using a compound bow, I wouldn't mind one as I am looking for a powerfull bow with range so could be a good option
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Don't know anything about archery but I'd LOVE to do mounted archery. I however think I'd get killed if I tried it with my horse, haha. He's a bit chicken, the poor thing.

lol, sorry, couldn't resist. Hope you find answers to your questions! (btw, shouldn't this be in the sports section?)
  • Options
    Compound Bows are used a lot in the USA for hunting cos you can walk around with them drawn and it's not much of a strain
  • Options
    Hmmm i know, its not much strain for more power, i just need to know if its alot harder to shoot technique way.
  • Options
    Hmmm. I think im shooting towards a more traditional bow instead of compound
  • Options
    They're supposed to be easier to shoot