Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Earning money while travelling - any ideas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I like to travel and have managed to get away a few times from a few days to a few months. This time though i need to earn some money whilst travelling and apart from TEFL teaching i was wondering what other ways there are to earn overseas.

What experiences have you had? or what do your friends do?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Had a mate who went to Austrialia for 6 months, he got some admin work in an office for a few weeks. Suppose bar work or things along that line could be possibilities.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Had a mate who went to Austrialia for 6 months, he got some admin work in an office for a few weeks. Suppose bar work or things along that line could be possibilities.

Don't think i'd like Australia - i could do admin work though somewhere, especially if media related.

Bar work isn't really my sort of thing to be honest.
    Bar work isn't really my sort of thing to be honest.

I don't think you can afford to be too fussy about these sorts of things.
    I like to travel and have managed to get away a few times from a few days to a few months. This time though i need to earn some money whilst travelling and apart from TEFL teaching i was wondering what other ways there are to earn overseas.

What experiences have you had? or what do your friends do?

My cousin ran out of money in South America and made jewellery out of shells.
    I don't think you can afford to be too fussy about these sorts of things.

How do you know what i can afford and what i can't afford eh?
    Lots of people that come to Australia often spend a month or sometimes more doing fruit picking. Absolute fucking Job From Hell, but you can make sorta-ok money from it.
    Lots of people that come to Australia often spend a month or sometimes more doing fruit picking. Absolute fucking Job From Hell, but you can make sorta-ok money from it.

Yes, it's an option. Was after something a bit more career based. I picked apples for a summer job when i was 17/18.
    Yes, it's an option. Was after something a bit more career based. I picked apples for a summer job when i was 17/18.

why on earth would you want something career based while travelling? or are you getting confused and mean you want to go and live/work abroad?
    Yeah, sorry, that's what i mean - i want to live/work abroad.