Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

People Living At Home & Rent

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i pay £160 a month but parents pay bills etc. I don't use the phone so don't need to pay for that but use the internet and occasionlaly contribute to food bills. Plus me nd my brothers take it in turns with the washing up and i do all the ironing
    Not stayed at home for any more than 3 weeks since I was 17, so I've never really had to pay anything.

When I do go home I always do my bit with the washing up and stuff though.
    I pay £250 a month, which mum and I sat down and worked out - when I lived with my boyfriend, we both put £250 into a joint account monthly and that paid for bills, food, council tax and 'extras' (a couple of takeaways a month, etc), so given that that's how much it cost me when i was living away from home, that's how much she's getting now :) I think it's quite fair, i'm not taking the piss but at the same time, it is still cheaper for me than it would be living away from home.

And I pay for all of my pets' stuff, my own car and petrol, phone bills, etc on top of that. And i'll get bits and pieces if i notice we've run out of anything.
    O_o wrote: »
    How much do you pay your parents? and roughly what do you get for it?
    I used to pay my mum £40 a week and that included bills and food.

I had to cook for myself tho and do all my washing ironing etc etc.

Living on my own is so much more but its so worth it :D