Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

16 year olds taken on as PCSOs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd give them a wedgie and steal their pocket money.
  • Options
    Thing is i don't think they should advertise that PCSO's are effectively well not coppers. You get them coming upto you and you know they can't arrest you so you just laugh and pretty much ignore anything they say. I'm sure they do other good stuff like you know cleaning up the neighbourhood or whatever but i don't see the point in them for anything else.

Although they do get paid a fair bit. Not bad wage for a youngster :chin:
  • Options
    Being ageist here, but young PCs / PCSOs tend to be really up themselves and see you as 'the enemy'. I got shouted at for 'loitering' on my bicycle by this 20 something woman from her panda car in a local village (all quite laid back). Was on my own and bored and going to my friends house.

But when they're a bit older they seem to have a more relaxed attitude, seem to show a bit more respect to people, and helps get the job done quickly and easily.
  • Options
    What happens if its past 10 o'clock and their on duty? Do they have to ring their parents to come and pick them up?
  • Options
    lol i think i'd piss myself laughing if i saw one, it just wouldn't work on the estates round here even the regular PCSOs keep a low profile....this is just another stupid govt idea waiting to backfire. or maybe the start of something more sinister, brown's youth anyone?
  • Options
    this is just another stupid govt idea waiting to backfire. or maybe the start of something more sinister, brown's youth anyone?

:rolleyes: the idea it's the start of some diabolical plot to paramilitarise the youth of Britain is, even in these conspiracy obsessed times, barking...
  • Options
    :rolleyes: the idea it's the start of some diabolical plot to paramilitarise the youth of Britain is, even in these conspiracy obsessed times, barking...

lol calm down i was just putting it out there, i don't think it's any more or less diabolical than the rest of the shite that has been coming out of government over the last few years....
  • Options
    It could be a grooming exercise for the military.
  • Options

'we don't like terroists, but we're happy to train you to bomb indiscriminately in other countries' :lol:
  • Options
    MLY wrote: »
    I'm sure they do other good stuff like you know cleaning up the neighbourhood or whatever.

Lol.
    Whowhere wrote: »

Be able to talk down a drunk?

I think a 12 year old could do this tbh.
    Tell someone their child has just died?

In reality, i imagine 99% of the time its a real copper who is left with this sort of job. ?
    Deal with a neighbour dispute that has been ongoing for years?

Confiscate alcohol from an 18 year old who you suspect has bee supplying it to kids?

Again I don't see either of these as particularly taxing.
  • Options
    Agh. I hate PCSO's. All they do is give out parking tickets round here.
  • Options
    noog wrote: »
    Agh. I hate PCSO's. All they do is give out parking tickets round here.

Same here. I feel bad for these kids if they're anywhere in my area (NE London). Most people here just see PCSO's as rent-a-cop's so dismiss pretty much anything they say.

But still, it's not like they're doing anything too mahoosive. They deal with:
    *minor offences
    *offer early intervention to deter people from committing offences
    *provide support for front-line policing
    *conduct house-to-house enquiries
    *guard crime scenes
    *provide crime prevention advice
  • Options
    DC85 wrote: »

behave

for a 16 year old? with no life experience? straight from school?

to be honest, i think that the only type of 16year old capable of doing those things are the ones who are over confident and in some cases cocky, which will lead to more trouble than it'll solve...IMO

i know that when i was 16 i wouldnt have the gall to take alcohol from an 18year old....or a 17year old for that matter

i think you're playing down the seriousness of some of the situations they will find themselves in to be honest
  • Options
    ^^Far too hungover to argue wit ya about fake coppers. :grump: :thumb:
  • Options

You're funny, but I'd lay of the waccy baccy if I was you.
  • Options
    Lol.

In reality, i imagine 99% of the time its a real copper who is left with this sort of job. ?

]

You ever tried taking alcohol off a group of 15 drunken youths? It's not as easy as it looks, neither is detaining someone who has just hit someone in the face with a baton :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ]

You ever tried taking alcohol off a group of 15 drunken youths? It's not as easy as it looks, neither is detaining someone who has just hit someone in the face with a baton :rolleyes:

All the time lad.
  • Options
    neither is detaining someone who has just hit someone in the face with a baton :rolleyes:

Well, that's the problem with coppers, never detain their own ;)
  • Options
    All the time lad.

I take it you're in the police then? Or do you just like stealing booze off people?
  • Options
    I take it you're in the police then?

Noooooooo.
  • Options
    Noooooooo.

So in what capacity do you take alcohol off people, bearing in mind that unless you're in the police or in some circumstances a publican you're actually comitting theft....?

;)