Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Healthy pasta dishes?

Anyone know any good ones?

I made a lovely one the other day...
- Wholewheat pasta
- A red pepper
- A red onion
- Salt & Pepper
- Chilli powder
- Chopped tomatoes
- Some grilled chicken
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    anything with a tomato-ey or vegetable based sauce is a lot healthier for you than any creamy sauces, such as carbonara.

on a tv programme the other day it said that using parma ham in pasta sauces is much healthier for you than using bacon
  • Options
    Saute some veggies with some crushed garlic (I use onions mushrooms and courgettes usually but anything will work). Cook the pasta and mix in veggies, a little bit of pesto (you only need a teaspoon or two) and some light cream cheese (the garlic and herb one works really well). Put back over the heat until its all melted in together and add lots of black petter. Yummy! :yum:

I know pesto isnt amazingly healthy because of the oil but if you just use a little bit you get alot of flavour. If you want to make a creamy sauce use low fat cream cheese, tesco do an extra light one, or use low fat creme fraiche or even plain yoghurt.

Also jars of roast peppers, like those sweet pepperdew ones make a nice sauce if you mash them up
  • Options
    I know pesto isnt amazingly healthy because of the oil but if you just use a little bit you get alot of flavour.

Putting it into perspective though, while it is high in fat (bar the parmezan's saturated fat), the fat from the pine nuts and olive oil is pretty good for you.

I sometimes have some pasta with some garlic infused olive oil, savoy cabbage, pancetta and mozarella. Sounds like a weird combination, but it tastes pretty good. You can omit the cheese if you want.

Another fave of mine are some roasted veg and pine nuts with some chili oil :yum:

Adding onto the pesto theme, some flaked cod, a spoonful of pesto and some toasted pine nuts is delicious. It's just as nice with some chicken.
  • Options
    wholemeal? isn't it wholewheat? sorry i'm not being pedantic.. just curious, are they 2 different things?
  • Options
    I've only seen and bought wholewheat never seen wholemeal pasta.
  • Options
    I really like tuna and pasta with a really lemon-y zesty dressing and a shed load of veggies in.
  • Options
    Tuna pasta, pasta -chicken - mayo .. erm loooooads of things to do!
  • Options
    Pasta, with roasted peppers and onions, spinach and a low fat mascaponi cheese sauce (i think it's from sainsburys!) is really yummy :yum:
  • Options
    i make a simple arrabiatta sauce with whatever pasta i fancy (penne, farfalle etc)

-Crush a clove or two of garlic (depending on your taste)
    cook that in a little olive oil
    -Add some tomato purree and a little bit of chilli paste and some water
    continue to cook until you cant resist it anymore (at least 10mins on simmer)
    -Stir in the pasta which you should have alread prepared
  • Options
    Arrabiatta is delicious :yes:

Puttanesca is also nice, but it depends if you're the sort of person who loves anchovies or hates them.

Whore sauce :D
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »

Puttanesca is also nice, but it depends if you're the sort of person who loves anchovies or hates them.

Whore sauce :D

That looks DIVINE :heart:
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »

Lol that my dear, is why im making it for dinner!!!! Yummyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
  • Options
    wholemeal? isn't it wholewheat? sorry i'm not being pedantic.. just curious, are they 2 different things?

Ahaha. Yeh. Thats what I meant :blush: I must have had bread on the mind or something!