Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dove fake tan

I'm using some of that developing stuff at the moment but I've forgot to apply some the past couple of days and its coming off in minging white patches! I look a mess, lol.

Is there a way that quickly removes it? I've scrubbed myself clean but it looks worse :lol:

Tips would be greatly appreciated!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bit late now but you should exfoliate before you put it on, actually you should exfoliate all the time.

You can buy some fake tan wipe thingies which get rid of smudges etc from the chemist, about 10 for a quid.

Otherwise I guess you'll just have to wait now. This happened to me before, it took about a week I think. It looked like I had that skin disease Michael Jackson reckon he has! Lol:p
  • Options
    I don't think exfoliating would have made a difference tbh.

Its coming off in places where my skin rubs alot like my inner elbows and my boobs! :lol:

ETA: A week eh? It should be off in time for my date then? :chin: I would put some more on but I don't want it looking uneven!
  • Options
    exfoliating wouldnt have made any difference, i never exfoliate before i tan!

i always put a little bit of bleach in my bath, although i aint recommending it haha

failing that, just keep scrubbing, but do it with a flannel or sponge not a scrunchie

i've heard whitening toothpaste is supposed to be good too

good luck!x
  • Options
    I exfoliate everyday and that dove stuff is great for a couple of applications but i do find it goes manky and patchy. Maybe it's just the skin type i have but stopped using it. Have started to use the Nivea aftersun lotion with a hint of self-tan in as it's great. Natural looking tan with no streaks. :yes: But yeah when i've had a tan mishap i use those remover wipes.
  • Options
    its just the way it fades unfortunately...most fake tans do it, even expensive ones go patchy after a few days x
  • Options
    Yeah try and exfoliate or when your drying scrub really hard with a towel! I use a little mit/glove type thing when I put my Dove tan on. I got it from sainsburys for like £2 but I'm sure I've seen them in Boots and Superdrug. I found it makes it go on more evenly than it I do it with just my hand and also stops you getting dodgy bright orange hands too!