Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bursery for Nurses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, as a student nurse I get £500 a month paid to me by the NHS. Unfortunatly for me they seem to have a habit of not paying me the right amount!
In May I got my bursery and noticed that I only got paid £119 not the full £500, so I phoned up to see what was going on. The man on the phone basically was really shitty with me and said that this is all I am entitled to now and there is nothing I can do about it before putting the phone down on me. So getting all stressed and pissed off I phoned back again, this time getting a different person, and explained everything again. The woman was more helpfull, expliaining that she couldn't see why it had been changed so said she would get someone from another department to get back to me,
They never did!
So I called again and this time I was told someone would phone back, they did and explained it was a system error and would be sorted.
Was it? No! It happened again with the June bursery, so I went through the whole process again. It hadn't been noted on my file of the error so I had to keep explaining everytime I phoned. In the end I was promised I would recieve the extra £758 split over July and August.
July came and I only recieved an extra £100 on top of the £500, not £379 like they promised.
So I phoned back AGAIN, explaine it all for the 20th time and was promised the extra money would go in the following week. Surprise, Surprise it never did! Got back on to them and was promised someone would phone me back last thrusday or friday after reviewing my case and they would explain what was happening.....they never did.
Now I'm getting really stressed. The fact that they never paid me right forced me to think about actually quitting the course as I didn't have enough money to live, I couldn't ask my mum and dad for money as they just couldn't have afforded it.
It's annoying because there just fobbing me off and I'm not getting told whats going on. I don't know what to do about it. Should I write a etter of complaint to the bursery office? Should I write a letter explianing it all to my union?
Any advice would be greatly appreaciated (sp?!)!

*Sorry about the rant and longness of it all*

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A letter would be good, not necessarily in a pissed off complaining mode, but perhaps in nice complaining mode,detailing every single phonecall and promise that has been made. give them a time in which to respond. someone else should be along soon to add more to this!
    I dunno what you can do about the bursary, I'm still chasing down a grant from 2005. If you are strapped for cash at the moment, explain the situation to the finance people at your uni and apply for a harship fund grant.
    No I'm okay for money now, it's just I don't know what to do to stop them fobbing me off. My bf is going to write a letter for me to complain and to state all the facts. I just wasn't sure if I should tell my union rep to see if there is anything they can do!
    If it's happened to me it could happen to anyone and alot of the people on my course have families, so it would hit them harder than me.
    Thats rubbish! I dont get why they should be having a problem because theres no reason why that amount should be decreased because thats the minimum everyones entitles too. I would phone them again and send a letter to let them know theyv left you unable to pay bills or whatever.
    And try your union rep for advice, they may have come across the problem before and know the right person to get hold of to sort it out.
    I would also suggest in future that you get the name of each person you speak to on the phone so you can include it in the letter.

I also always thing that CCing someone high up is always good for kicking the minions into action. If your still having problems in 6 months time I would consider writing to your MP

x
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I would also suggest in future that you get the name of each person you speak to on the phone so you can include it in the letter.

x

From now on I'm going to do that! So simple but I just never thought of it, thanks!