Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Paypal problem (on Ebay)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did try asking for help on E-Bay, but i only had one reply and i'm not sure how helpful it was :chin:

I've been with paypal for years and had no problems, untill now. I recently had a new bank card, so i updated my details on paypal. My sellers fees appear to have been taken out OK, but every time i try to pay for something using Paypal it says my card was declined. I have a £650 overdraft and have just put in a huge cheque, so i know it's not a funding problem.

Just to be sure i registered my credit card as an alternative, £500 credit, non of which has been touched. I tried to pay and had the same response.

Neither card has been verified by Paypal, (where they pay in a few pounds and i need to tell them how much). Could this be the problem?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Normally verification would only be necessary for a large purchase but I think after buying a certain amount you need to verify. However I did think this only applied to a single card (so if its never been used it shouldn't need to be verified) and from what I remember if the problem is verification you get a really clear message explaining the problem.

Is it possible the bank have changed the way they've listed the address associated with the account, or some small detail like that that could be causing it to be declined.

Only other I can think of is a wider problem with the card - know it sounds silly but have you activated it and used it somewhere else so you know it works (sure you have but wanted to check)
    I've used it to go shopping yesterday, so the card works fine. The credit card was previously listed as an alternative, but i took it off after i cleared a huge debt from it.
    Thinking about it i could have written down the wrong postcode for the bank.. but i can't figure out how to check!
    Actually my fees haven't been paid yet...
    No it can't be that, i've just changed the details and it's still not being accepted.