Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

sweating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mum sweats really bad all the time, and no matter what deodrant she uses ( shes tried loads) it still happens.. its getting so bad though that about an hour after her shower she's sweat marks on her top again.. she's really starting to worry and get paronaid over it, anybody know a good deodrant or product that can help. thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some people are naturally sweaty I'm afraid. Can't be of much use as I'm a bloke and don't know any female products. :p
    You can get prescription, or prescription strength otc. There are a few good ones out there. Brands such as certin dri, maxim or drysol which can all be bought otc. Ones with aluminum chloride and ethyl alcohol are the ones to look for. They aren't used like deordant though, most say to put it on before bed. Botox is also an option ;)
    This happens to me as well and has been happening since I started puberty.

First of all you need to make sure she is using an anti-perspirant and not just a deodorant as an anti persperant stops you from sweating whereas deoderant just masks the smell.

I use a special anti perspirant which has a certain chemical in it which I apply around once a week at night and wear it throughout the night. I have never experienced any excess sweating since I began using this product unless I don't use it once in a while.

It's an embarassing problem but easily solved. This anti perspirant that I use is sold in Boots and costs around £7.99 but I have been using the same bottle for over a year now so it's not really more expensive than a normal anti perspirant.

I am so sorry I can't remember the name of this product because I threw away all the packaging (like I said I've had it over a year)

Hopefully somebody else can help on that one.:)
    One of those brands is called Dricolor, that works well.
    driclor is really good, but make sure when she puts it on (at night) her armpits are totally dry otherwise it will burn like a bitch
    And on the burning subject... don't use it right after a shave!
    my_name wrote: »
    And on the burning subject... don't use it right after a shave!

No and don't try and take your contact lenses out right after you put it on.
    I think the chemical product Nickalou is refering to is called Anhydrol Forte - I got it on prescription about 5 years ago (and I'm still on the same bottle!) It's brilliant - I use it about once a week at night (then wash it off in the morning) and it really does stop sweating.
    One word of warning - it's really itchy! If you only use it once a week you can handle it but at the beginning I used it more and it was quite uncomfortable!

Anyway, suggest it to your mum - I think it's still only available by prescription but you might be able to just buy it over the counter at Boots.
    I tried all of the prescription treatments and none of them worked or if they did burnt half my skin off in the process. I have botox and Iv not had a problem since.
    How long ago did you get it done? From everything I've heard it lasts about 6 months and symptoms gradually return before that, so I'm What body part did you have it done on? And I'd never known anybody to ask with personal experience. be my guide ;)
    I used to get majorly sweaty armpits:blush: and I mean mojorly as in I could sit in a relatively cold room and still sweat through and shirt and have sweat patches on my jumper. In the end my dr suggested botox and I tried it and it worked wonders in that I've not had a problem since. It works from anythgn from 4 months to a year but I had it about 3 years ago. I think for me it broke the cycle of sweating, worrying I was going to sweat and therfore sweating more. does that make sense to you? But even if id had to have it redone every 4 months I would have because it was so affective. I hope that helps if not feel free to ask me anything else.
    amy06 wrote: »
    I tried all of the prescription treatments and none of them worked or if they did burnt half my skin off in the process. I have botox and Iv not had a problem since.

Did you get it on the NHS?
    Yeah because nothing else worked for me. I dont know if it depends on what area you live in but my Dr suggestd it to me so I didnt even have to kick up a fuss to get it.
    The anti-persps that you need to put on dry skin overnight really sting if your pits are a bit damp. Lie down horizontally to get your pits to stop sweating before you put it on.
    amy06 wrote: »
    I used to get majorly sweaty armpits:blush: and I mean mojorly as in I could sit in a relatively cold room and still sweat through and shirt and have sweat patches on my jumper. In the end my dr suggested botox and I tried it and it worked wonders in that I've not had a problem since. It works from anythgn from 4 months to a year but I had it about 3 years ago. I think for me it broke the cycle of sweating, worrying I was going to sweat and therfore sweating more. does that make sense to you? But even if id had to have it redone every 4 months I would have because it was so affective. I hope that helps if not feel free to ask me anything else.

I'm really liking the sound of this :chin:
    Thanks for the info!