Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bleaching hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've decided that i'm going to forget the curls and focus on the colour, which in order for it to be very bright and the colour i want, i'm going to need to bleach it...i permed it in march, and the curl has pretty much dropped out, so would this work?

and has anyone used manic panic bleach?

Comments

• Options
    Oh I've used their bleach. It actually bleached too. (including my shirt :p) I had tried lightners and bleaches before that just turned my dark hair orangy, but that got it almost white.

I can't remember, is it Manic that make the hair dye that smells real good too? like fruit? The pictures on the website look the same, but never sure. I loved that stuff.

So, what color do you plan on going? *curious*
  • Options
    bright bright pillerbox red

i'm still not sure if i can do it tho....
  • Options
    If it's a decent proper bleach then it'll work, i have jet black hair and if i can get my hair pillarbox red then anyone can. It's more a case of what state your hair is going to be in after severely bleaching it if you've already ahd it permed. Don't know how your hair would cope with that.
  • Options
    it was 6 months ago...but i really need to find a hairdresser and ask their opinion
  • Options
    Be very, very careful. With dark dye it can go wrong - I'd get a pro to bleach it for you.

I've done the orange thing. It's not sexy.
  • Options
    manic panic is great, as ppl have said, and orange would be ok for then dying bright red, my hair is quite light as it is already i just need to get rid of this faded red and dye it a brighter red...i'm just worried it might fall out....
  • Options
    manic panic is great, as ppl have said, and orange would be ok for then dying bright red, my hair is quite light as it is already i just need to get rid of this faded red and dye it a brighter red...i'm just worried it might fall out....
    make sure you use a good moisturising treatment before and it shouldn't fall out.
  • Options
    how would i do a strand test before hand without having to use the whole pack? or would i just have to mix it all and then give it a go?