Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

too much chocolate?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im a comfort eater. i eat loads. i eat all through the day. i should really be a fat bastard, but the fact is im tall and lean and my fast metabolism makes it hard to put on any weight, muscle or fat.

i do try to eat healthy (enough fruit, loads of carbs, fish, 3 weetabix and a banana every morning....etc etc)....but im also a bit of a chocoholic. well, ok....a LOT of a chocoholic....

is this such a bad thing? (apart from my teeth, as i take decent care of them.) what do you make of my diet?

im 23, male, 6'4", 12 stone (73kg), i cycle 20 mins to and from work every day, (thats 3h20m a week) and my job involves walking and lifting constantly all day.

thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sounds alright to me, although the weight will probably catch up with you in a few years if you eat that much chocolate.
    When you say a lot, how much do you mean?
    Oh man, i know how you feel...i am a self-confessed terrible comfort-eater. I love junk food. Too much. As such i'm short and fat but thankfully i work out and have gained a fair bit of muscle as well, which i guess makes up for it. :P Still, i really should cut down...the only problem is, every time i try, it backfires big time. :(
    Apparantly one of my mates gave up chocolate once for two weeks (she was also a self confessed chocoholic) and she just felt so much lee lethargic.

However, if you really feel you don't have a problem with it, why stop? As long as you're not eating and then chucking it back up. Your body is probably just burning all those calories off with all that exericse you do. And the body after all does need X amount of fat.
    You need to think about the sugar your taking in from all the chocolate. The chocolate might not be making you fat, but your probably addicted to the sugar thats in them. I would try coming off the chocolate gradually for the sake of your health in later life.
    you can never have enough chocolate.
    If you having a lot of chocolate everyday maybe cutting back a bit from all the processed sugars can help. Dried fruit is high in natural sugars which are much better for you if you have a sweet tooth. The rest of your lifestyle seems pretty good.