Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lost Wallet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm such a fucking drunken mug. lol
I woke up this morning with no wallet! I remember banging on my door last night because I couldn't get in, but I didn't click then.
It must be in a club somewhere or in the taxi... it has my provisional driving lisence, my debit card and my house key in it. I think it had a couple of pills in it aswell.
I take it I need to cancel my debit card, but what do I do about my provisional?
Ahh, for fucks sake.

Comments

• Options
    what happens if the police get hold of your wallet and it's got your ID and pill sin it?
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    what happens if the police get hold of your wallet and it's got your ID and pill sin it?

That's what I was thinking. You might wanna call up the bar and the taxi company see if you can get it back before anyone else does. You probably already have, but just saying...
  • Options
    DG wrote: »

Just say they werent any pills in it when it was in your possesion, let them prove otherwise. They will probably just chuck em in the bin anyway.

Your going to have to speak to the DVLA about your provisional, and make sure any cards (even ones you dont use - credit etc) have been canx.

Dont worry, it happens to the best of us.

:thumb:
  • Options
    I phoned the taxi company and they don't have it. :(
    Mish, that means it's in a club somewhere in Brighton.
    I was worried about the pills too, but as Calvin said, they can't prove they're mine. I guess I'll have to ring up HSBC and the DVLA sometime today.
  • Options
    unless whowhere tips them off ;) or it's on his beat :P
  • Options
    I would be more worried about the fact that your house key is in your wallet with your drivers licence (i.e your address)

Might wanna change the locks fella!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    I would be more worried about the fact that your house key is in your wallet with your drivers licence (i.e your address)

Might wanna change the locks fella!

Fuck.

Arrrrrrrrrrr :banghead:
  • Options
    If you havent canceled your card already do it NOW - you are totally covered under the law, but only if you tell your card company at the earliest possible time.
  • Options
    I lost my driving license too !! dunno how or when ! have a feeling i was using it to rack up last week someplace and just left it there stupid girl ! still havent spoken to DVLA can i get a new one or what?

as for your wallet it depends who found it. if some goody two shoes found a wallet with class a's they might hand it in to the police but just say youve never seen the pills in your life people could have easily have planted it.

OR

if a mash head found it the likely hood is they've had the pills for themselves and might have tried to use the card?

good luck though i always loose stuff its shit !
  • Options
    Ok, I've cancelled my debit card and they're sending me a new one.
    I just need to ring up the DVLA now. Arrrr, it's going to be a mission taking my passport out with me to use as ID until I get a new provisional. I'll blatantly end up losing my passport too. lol
  • Options

good luck though i always loose stuff its shit !

Fucking annoying innit.