Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do certain little things make me so fucking angry for no particular reason?
For example, if my parents come home and like ask me how my day was, in a certain tone of voice, I like snap and I'm really rude to them.
Not just that, but other things, I just snap over stupid little things for some reason and I don't know why.
I've had this for a few years, at first I thought it was just like teenage hormones, but it's been getting worse.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No ideas but i know what you mean
    My mum just says things like, 'After you've made your dinner could you just clean up? I know you will though' in this like patronizing tone and it just makes me really rude to her. Or every single friday she'll ask me, 'Will you be here on Sunday for dinner?' and it pisses me off so much i usually end up biting her head off.
    im not like it to any one else except my sister and sometimes my dad.
    lack of sleep from partying?
    I used to be very much the same as a late teen, the only thing I found that really helped was exercise and lots of it, a punishing hour long run does wonders.
    My mum just says things like, 'After you've made your dinner could you just clean up? I know you will though' in this like patronizing tone and it just makes me really rude to her. Or every single friday she'll ask me, 'Will you be here on Sunday for dinner?' and it pisses me off so much i usually end up biting her head off.

Yeah totally!
    I get it with other people too but I usually don't let it show unless it's my parents.

Budda, sounds like a good idea to be honest, I could do with more exercise. I'm a lazy shit aswell.
    I could do with more exercise im gonna try running or something cheap as i wont have money for much longer

Pill'ed i get it with other people too but i dont show it cos they would think i was being miserable cow. sometimes my best friends piss me off with little annoying traits but i tend to ignor it.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Budda, sounds like a good idea to be honest, I could do with more exercise. I'm a lazy shit aswell.

I found running good because you can zone out and just let your mind wander, have a bit of a prod and poke at your brain and figure out a few things.
    I get this as well, Your just quick to anger, some people are. Just try to chill out a bit and as budda says exercise really helps. If you get really mad do what I do and smash something you don't need. That always calms me down.
    Why do certain little things make me so fucking angry for no particular reason?
    For example, if my parents come home and like ask me how my day was, in a certain tone of voice, I like snap and I'm really rude to them.
    Not just that, but other things, I just snap over stupid little things for some reason and I don't know why.
    I've had this for a few years, at first I thought it was just like teenage hormones, but it's been getting worse.
    Any ideas?

I would have said it was hormones. I went thru a similiar phase. I think what calmed me down was going to uni, once I came home for the holidays my parents didnt bother me at all.

I had problems with anger, and decided to get a punch bag, its great, perfect for taking your anger and fustration out on.

Or have a spliff (that worked for me ;) ) Seriosuly though, if your worried you might have to lay off the weed and white stuff, as they can really fuck with your moods and could be making them worse.

:thumb:
    Yeah I guess, the problem is johnnyboy that I tend to smash expensive shit up.
    oh dear what did you smash?

i have this sometimes as well i got really really angry once when i was drunk and smashed the contents of my handbag against some ones car (a nice big MVP or whatever) and a street light crushing everthing in my bag :(
    I smashed my TV once in a drunken rage.
    It wasn't a really nice, expensive TV, just smallish one that I had in my room... but a TV none the less.
    Yeah I guess, the problem is johnnyboy that I tend to smash expensive shit up.

exactly what i used to do. Im on my third TV and countless plates and bowls have gone out the window. A punchbag worked for me. :thumb:
    I smashed my TV once in a drunken rage.
    It wasn't a really nice, expensive TV, just smallish one that I had in my room... but a TV none the less.

wow. You must have been pretty pissed.

I only tend to smash small stuff, shot glasses, Ice trays, pint glasses, bottles, etc, one I was gonna smash my X-box but a mate stopped me.

If its possible, smash something that can be replaced, something you don't need.

As Cal said, give the weed a knock on the head for a bit, my next door neighbor was a dealer and when he was angry he was the scariest motherfucker you could come across.
    in defo go with what calvin says and get yourself a nice punchbag, great for taking out all the frustration!

ive got a pretty bad temper at the best of times and really small things can get to me, have broken numerous possessions myself and its a cunt.. you think about what youve just done and it starts to piss you off even more!
    z- wrote: »
    you think about what youve just done and it starts to piss you off even more!

:yes:
    -kenny- wrote: »
    Smoking weed can cause this sometimes to detrimental consequences

I was worried about that being something to do with it.

I've decided to drastically reduce my drug use anyway, for similar reasons.
    I was worried about that being something to do with it.

:yes: Yeah it does have something to do with it without a doubt! Since I have stopped smoking, i have become much less paranoid, stressed and a better person to be around.

Believe me you will notice the difference in yourself Ed. I used to get really snappy if I couldnt have a spliff. Give it a try dude :thumb:
    Calvin wrote: »
    :yes: Yeah it does have something to do with it without a doubt! Since I have stopped smoking, i have become much less paranoid, stressed and a better person to be around.

Believe me you will notice the difference in yourself Ed. I used to get really snappy if I couldnt have a spliff. Give it a try dude :thumb:

Yeah I am noticing the difference already.
    I haven't touched any illegal drugs for about a month now, except for a couple of pills the other night, and the way I see it is that I had the best 2 weeks of my life in Kavos and didn't need any drugs (except alcohol). That's really got to me somehow... I think I'll still take a few pills when I'm out raving... but that's about it.

I need to sort my life out, I'm only 19 and the amount of drugs I've abused is silly.
    Yeah I am noticing the difference already.
    I haven't touched any illegal drugs for about a month now, except for a couple of pills the other night, and the way I see it is that I had the best 2 weeks of my life in Kavos and didn't need any drugs (except alcohol). That's really got to me somehow... I think I'll still take a few pills when I'm out raving... but that's about it.

I need to sort my life out, I'm only 19 and the amount of drugs I've abused is silly.

Im suprised you dont rattle, with all the pills you must have inside you :D

Good idea about cutting down/ giving up though. You holiday in Kavos should have shown you that having a good night is down to you.
    I get really snappy a lot too, and can go into moods quite easily which I would love to get out of.

My mum always gets me in a bad mood, just by the snidey things she says. The other night I smashed my phone off the floor and the screen exploded after a phonecall with her. Still haven't had it back. Then I almost done the same thing with the replacement because of another snidey phonecall I got from her.
    If you're out partying a lot then you're probably knackered, and tiredness is something that explains a lot of unusual behaviour. I'm an absolute twat to live with when I'm tired or stressed about work, and they're the usual sorts of triggers.

My mood has been better recently, I've been drinking less alcohol, and I've not been drinking coffee.
    Agree with everything that's been said. Also bear in mind that we always take things out on those we're closest to. It's something to do with the fact that these people love us unconditionally and we know we can get away with it. Sometimes just being aware that you are snapping when you shouldn't be will help - consciously remind yourself as soon as you do it and change your tone or offer a quick apology. It's hard when you have habits in place about how you react to people, but being more conscious can help you to change your behaviour.
    spanner wrote: »
    consciously remind yourself as soon as you do it and change your tone or offer a quick apology.

I only realise what a twat I've been when I've cooled down, and then I can never swallow my pride enough to apologise.
    I only realise what a twat I've been when I've cooled down

Its usually the case!
    and then I can never swallow my pride enough to apologise.

Your a grown up now mate, you have to take responsibilty for your actions and apologies when necessary, however much it hurts your pride.

Im not judging, cos I have been in the same position many times.

:thumb: