Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Teenage parents.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    people of any age have unlanned pregnancies.
    There will always be people who judge you for your parenting decisions at whatever stage in life you are. People who have big families, people who only have one child, peoplke who have their children close together, people who are too young when they have children, people who are too old, people who have different views on discipline, gosh the list goes on.....

Ain't that the truth. You have to take people's judgements and comments with a huge pinch of salt. Who asked them, anyway?

I have to say that for every negative comment I get about being a young mother, I get ten positive ones. The negative ones are like water off a duck's back by this point, you know you're a good parent and that's all that matters :D;)
    Well, I knocked my missus up when she was 16 and I was 20, baby was born a few days before I was 21 and she was 17.. fuck what anyone else thinks about it.

My fiance is the best mother I have ever seen (obviously tied with my own mother :D) - she is so caring and responsible it is unbelievable. We are thinking of having another one soon, our boy is 2 1/2 now, two kids by the time she's 21, no doubt people will have more to say..

It's disgusting the way people judge people in every aspect of life though, there is nothing you will ever be able to do about it..
    jelly tots wrote: »
    . But then the other day we took him to the docs because he was ill and was crying. We was sat down and had so many dirty looks off people and one even said to her mate 'well she cant be taking her responsibility very seriuosly if she's in here with him'. I was fuming.

There are times when people should keep their opinions to themselves. Never understood people who think stuff like this. Ands for all that person could've known, she might've been the one who was ill.