Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Too much exercise?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can too much exercise make you ill if you aren't really eating much at the same time?

Reason I ask is that I walked around 25 miles in total last week, to and from work, and yesterday I suddenly started feeling kinda ill. Like, headachey and now I have a really awful throat and I sound like a man and it's not very nice. Because I was having to get up at insane am to get to work on these days, I didn't ever have any breakfast, and all I had to eat really was a burger at McD's (since it's free) and whatever I had for my dinner. Obviously that's not going to equal my RDA calorie wise, so I was wondering if it was possible that that could have affected my health?

I hope not, 'cause I'm doing 40 miles this week, what with not having any money to cheat and get the bus :(.

Comments

• Options
    stress and lack of food will fuck with your immune system making it more likely you catch an infection. :yes:
    if you're doing a lot of walking take some trail mix or chocolate bars with you.
    ETS: headaches can be due to lack of energy / hunger
  • Options
    Think about it this way:

If you don't put enough petrol in your car and then try to drive it, will it stop?

:yes:
  • Options
    Fair enough.

Bollocks.

I guess I'm gonna have to start getting up earlier and having breakfast then.

Ahboo.
  • Options
    Can't you take something with you? Fruit, or cereal bars or something. You can scoff while you walk, or once you get there.
  • Options
    Not really :no:. We (shockingly) have no fruit in the house, and no cereal bars that I like, or anything like that. I guess I could make a sandwich or something for when I get there though :chin:.
  • Options
    if you've been running serious amount of miles like that u need lots of starch
  • Options
    Where did I ever say I was RUNNING anywhere :p?
  • Options
    make some pasta the night before and guzzle in the morning there, it swells in your tummy and sustains you more than you know!
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    make some pasta the night before and guzzle in the morning there, it swells in your tummy and sustains you more than you know!
    Ooooh that's a good idea :thumb:.