Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Girls (or guys), what IS more important...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's a man who I enjoy spending time with, who makes me laugh, who is exactly the kind of person I could see myself marrying in ten years time.

But I don't find him physically attractive.

I know he likes me, and we really get on very well, we spend 'at least an hour a day' together and there's no-one else I feel at such ease with.

But he is fat, and I know it sounds horrible, but I just don't find him attractive.

Has this ever happened to you before? And if so, should I try and build a relationship knowing I am not going to enjoy the "sexytime"? Or should I leave it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds to me like he makes a great best friend. A boyfriend however, I think not.
    I believe you have to be physically attracted to someone in order to want to be with them romantically. You need to feel sexually attracted to them as sex is an important part of an adult relationship. (I'm sure you know that!!).

I think you should feel extremely lucky to have a great male friend who you really get on with and reside to the fact that he's just not boyfriend material...
    He just sounds like a good friend to you.
    should I try and build a relationship knowing I am not going to enjoy the "sexytime"?

Definetely not.
    problem is if you're thinkin this about him fuck knows what he thinks about you!!
    You have to be physically attracted to a partner. You're wasting your time if you're not. Looks and physical attraction aren't everything, but the're definately one part of the jigsaw...
    Enjoying someone's company like that is no precursor to marriage. You have to find him attractive too. Just keep him as a friend. :)