Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

why am i not loosing weight?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no, i'm aiming for around 22 because thats the middle of the healthy scale...

your natural build is stocky for a female, you have broad shoulders and hips and large breasts and a small waist

i'd say at most you'd lose another 1/2 stone. 9 1/2 to 10stone is probably your body's optimum functioning weight

but i'm no expert
    but then what am i meant to be eating? salad ?

I like salad. A few juicy mixed leaves (try the rocket for great favour.) Mix a teaspoon of salad cream with some vinegar, salt and peper, mix together in a bowl and enjoy.
    sorry but all of this is really getting me down, i've really hit a dark point and nothing seems to be getting better. my life is quite shit and it doesn't seem to be getting any better...

I doubt loosing weight will make you feel better tbh. Life is life, no matter what your weight. I'm not trying to discourage you, but you need to find some way of dealing with the difficulties you are having at the moment. Being skinny doesn't magic your problems away. Apart from loosing weight, what are your goals to make your life better? Choose a couple of other life changes to head towards as well as weight loss.
    hello! just a thought but i have got a heart rate monitor (good old ebay!) and use it to stay in the 'fat burning' heart rate zone. it is amazing how much difference this has made to how i use my time in the gym.
    Maybe you need to 'up' your cardio?
    Maybe you need to 'up' your cardio?

Probably. You need to get to a point in your workout where you physically can go no more. If I wanted to lose weight then i'd go running, on a flat surface, no hills. But you need to be putting some real effort in, not just a slow jog, but a quick jog with some real meaning. It's about raising your heart rate to the point where you are quickly burning calories. This also increases your metabolic rate for a period even after you have stopped exercising 24-48 hours.

So take a look at how you are working out, and take a look at your diet. Anything that looks a-miss then it needs changing.
    lipsy wrote: »
    It sounds like a diet to me!

me too! i'd never eat that healthily if i wasnt on a diet! haha.

I know this might be a silly suggestion TT but have you ever thought about joining weight watchers? i mean it sounds really good what you're doing and everything but maybe WW will help you shift the last couple of pounds or whatever it is you wanna lose? because it definitely works, and will structure your eating more.
    lipsy wrote: »
    It sounds like a diet to me!

depends on your metabolism i guess