Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Attention Goths

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Afraid a friend or family member may be a Goth? Discover whether your inclination is correct with the "How To Spot A Goth" guide, courtesy of the Catholic Church.
* This was handed out to parents by a church *

Is Your Child a Goth? Presented by St. Mary's Church

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your child may have gone astray from the Lord. Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that
young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer,
and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child.

-Frequently wears black clothing.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.

-Wears excessive black eye makeup,lipstick or nail polish.

-Wears any odd silver jewelry or symbols.

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.

-Takes drugs.

-Drinks alcohol.

-Is suicidal and/or depressed.

-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.(This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)

-Complains of boredom.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.

-Is excessively awake during the night.

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

-Misbehaves at school.

-Misbehaves at home.

-Eats excessively or too little

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.

-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.

-Expresses an interest in sex.

-Masturbates.

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism,
Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".

-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

~St. Mary's Catholic Church

Comments

• Options
    Lol Oh my god, that's got to be a fucking joke.

That list pretty much covers every teenager alive. The Church is such a load of fucking bollocks, it really is.
    I can't believe that some people actually give money to fund this kind of bullshit run by liars and cheats.
  • Options
    Lol pill'ed it's a piss take isn't it? :p
  • Options
    It wouldnt suprise me if this was real tbh, pisses me off when people try and force their beliefs onto others.
  • Options
    OMG I'm a goth :crazyeyes
  • Options
    *phones mental health centre*
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    OMG I'm a goth :crazyeyes

I'm a super goth!
  • Options
    Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.

:lol:
  • Options
    It was goths galore outside Eldon Sq today. Goths usually hang around in that area, but today there were hundereds of them.

And there was some guy in Northumberland Street with a mic talking relgious shit. I mean ffs, its saturday, I just want to get some dvd and spend some of the money I have worked all week for. Not listen to people renounce their fucking sins. :banghead:
  • Options
    I can put a tick in a box next to 24 of those - fear my gothicness!!

I've seen it before, I think it's an american invention
  • Options
    I'm sure that that circulated the internet years ago.
  • Options
    Goths rawk. Lulz.
  • Options
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    It was goths galore outside Eldon Sq today. Goths usually hang around in that area, but today there were hundereds of them.

Haha the 'hippy green' as it was known to us. I used the hang out there, and spend all my pocket money in kathmandu :cool:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Haha the 'hippy green' as it was known to us. I used the hang out there, and spend all my pocket money in klendathu :cool:

:O
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    -Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)

Actually this is the way vampires seek to attain immortality, not Satan.

SIGH.
  • Options
    Goths. Ah yes, another group of people that I don't like. Seriously, what's the point of these people? These "goths" perpetually whinge that society rejects them, that they're outcasted, and that they're making a statement that they won't conform to society's ways. Yet goths wear black clothes and look moody all the time.

I can only assume they're taking the piss in their own way.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Goths. Ah yes, another group of people that I don't like. Seriously, what's the point of these people? These "goths" perpetually whinge that society rejects them, that they're outcasted, and that they're making a statement that they won't conform to society's ways. Yet goths wear black clothes and look moody all the time.

you just so don't get us, you are so, like, un-goth like :grump:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster

Sometimes, I wish you'd die :(
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Sometimes, I wish you'd die :(

Wouldn't go that far. He's still a clueless eejit though. :D
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Wouldn't go that far. He's still a clueless eejit though. :D
    i would go that far, the annoying little scrote
  • Options
    Goths. Ah yes, another group of people that I don't like. Seriously, what's the point of these people?

This prejudice is so distasteful. Do you say these things out loud in the real world? what are you going to do when you get to uni if one of your lecturers is goth, will you disrespect them for the clothes they wear and some shared sentiments that you will assume they hold at least some of? Nobody will be willing to listen to anything sensible you have to say if the majority of the gumph that comes out of your mouth is as your posts on here- prejudiced, immature, and down-right ignorant.
  • Options
    Seriously, what's the point of these people?

Umm...they're skilled at the game of Canasta? They're good at windsurfing? Since when did people need to have a 'point'?

What's the point of tiresome arseholes on message boards?
  • Options
    i love that...cult religions paganism, which has no church or figure head...and thus can't be a cult...

i have to say though, drinking blood is scary territory.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    This prejudice is so distasteful. Do you say these things out loud in the real world?

That's what I wondered.
  • Options
    This prejudice is so distasteful. Do you say these things out loud in the real world?

Yep. SG: you honestly think slagging a group of people off that you have no idea about is a good way to get on in life?

Do you actually know any proper goths (not the 15-year old baby goths having a rebellious stage)? Because most of the ones I've met in my time have been pretty nice people. Ditto the Hells Angles I used to know.
  • Options
    i got given a plaster by a hells angel who stopped to help me when i came off my bike a few weeks ago, i felt rather humbled...lovely guy, but a little scary looking
  • Options

There's a good point in there somewhere, but you should try and put things in a way that doesn't get people's backs up y'know?

It's great that people have their own style (however contrived it might be) but you'll always get some people who'll be freaked out by it or think it's weird, especially as you get older.

Each to their own though, they aren't hurting anybody so live and let live really.
  • Options
    This prejudice is so distasteful. Do you say these things out loud in the real world? what are you going to do when you get to uni if one of your lecturers is goth, will you disrespect them for the clothes they wear and some shared sentiments that you will assume they hold at least some of? Nobody will be willing to listen to anything sensible you have to say if the majority of the gumph that comes out of your mouth is as your posts on here- prejudiced, immature, and down-right ignorant.

Katralla - meet Star Galaxy.
  • Options
    Dear god give the poor guy a break! Remember here, he's not insulting a 'group' of people, they're individuals remember...
  • Options
    he gives us welsh people a bad name :impissed: :grump: