Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Arab princesses kicked off British Airways jet

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My point was, if you use a British Airline, then you should expect it to be run alongside British culture.

In that case Im suprised the crew didnt happy slap them :p
    They should've flown Emirates then. They're cheaper anyway.

Lol when was the last time you flew Emirates? Its usually double the price of BA :p

Anyways, if they were flying business it was probably just one of them being an awkward bitch, if they were flying first then they deserve being thrown off the flight!

If it was business, i can feel for the girl, it isn't nice sitting next to a random person at the best of times, but these days i've seen girls who cover up being given really shitty looks at airports...people see an arab man with a big beard and scream terrorist, same with girls who cover up. Ever noticed how all girls wearing head scarves are subject to "random screening".
    Amira wrote: »
    Ever noticed how all girls wearing head scarves are subject to "random screening".

Of course, same as asian men, but its not done on racial profiling, honest.
    budda wrote: »
    Of course, same as asian men, but its not done on racial profiling, honest.
    I never said it was, but it's the message given off to other passengers. Kind of like, well the airport security have done additional checks on them, there must be something suspicious about them.

It's sad but true. :( And that is exactly one of the reasons i would never cover-up.
    I know what you mean, if virtually the only people to be checked are like that then it marks them out for special attention.

I remember a while ago I was traveling to the states and I was pulled out of the line for one of the 'random checks' I stod there for a while because there was no one to go through my bag, and then the supervisor came along and asked the man holding me there what I was waiting for, when told she dismissed it saying 'he's not going to have anything' and I was told to carry on as normal. I should point out that I'm white.
    well thats the thing, when i travel with my husband (especially in the states), he gets stopped in every airport for "random checks" and never once do they stop me. Im white, he's well, what can i say....Arab looking :p
    Calvin wrote: »
    Full Story (apologies for the source)

I have to say, BA usually cock things up big style, however this time I think they did the right thing (just a shame it took them 3 hours).

I read elsewhere it took them 4 hours.

so either way BA cocked up - took them far too long to sort out the problem.

And if they're really that rich they should have been in First Class and booked every single seat so they had total control of who they sit next to.