Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Diet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the best diet to use? I watched a program with that Dr. and the person lost like 3 stone in 3 months or something.

I am guessing its eating regular and not having fatty.

I am after a diet that can work for me, not to show people im dieting (ie eating leaf's all the times)

If anyone can give me anything to do with diets/or even make me a diet plan i would <3 forever.

Comments

• Options
    What do you like eating? What do you currently eat that you know is a bag of shit- nutritionally wise, but you're still gonna eat regardless. How tall are you, what do you weigh, and what is your goal? Do you have a limitations- like having to take a packed lunch to work, allergies, moolah issues, food hates? Do you exercise, what do you like, love, loath, and how much time can you dedicate to exercise?

The first thing most people will tell you is to eat a good whole grain based breakfast.
  • Options
    Whats the best diet to use?

none of them.
    if you want to loose weight eat exactly what you are eating now but make the portion sizes smaller and increase your exercise.
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    none of them.
    if you want to loose weight eat exactly what you are eating now but make the portion sizes smaller and increase your exercise.

:yes: and don't snack on crap all the time.
  • Options
    I will take a few days this week of example foods.

SATURDAY (TODAY)

13:30 - Chips, Beans and Cheese (was nothing else too eat), Mars Planet Choclate, 1 Lucozade Orange
    18:30 - 1 Lucozade Apple, Crunchie and a Turkish Delight
    20:00 - 3 Saussage, Mash, Gravy, Peas, Yorkshire Pud.
    00:00 - 1 Crossant

Other days are like

16:00 - Sandwhich
    19:00 - Fizzy Drinks
    20:00 - some random meal
    00:00 - late night snack

then wont eat for another 12-14 hours.

I think the fizzy drinks/lucozade etc are the main killers. As i dont like beer/spirits and the water around here is yuck i need some flavoured water.
  • Options
    eat some fruit and veg
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote: »
    eat some fruit and veg

:yes:
  • Options
    I think your whole diet needs an overhaul.
    Try eating some veg, cut the crap drinks. If your water really is that bad buy some smart price or value water from the supermarket.

I don't agree with diets. If you want to lose weight eat healthy food, not too much and exercise.
  • Options
    00:00 - 1 Crossant

00:00 - late night snack
    Well this is one of your biggest problems right here, eating late at night is not nessesary, you're just loading food into your system thats not being turned into energy because you will just be sleeping so it gets stored as fat. Also, croissants are actually really unhealthy and are loaded with saturated fats.
    Try to eat little and often, say something every 2-3 hours and not eat any carbohydrates after 8pm.
    As im sure you're aware all the junk you're eating is not the best stuff for losing weight so try switching to healthier alternatives, switch fizzy drinks for water or fruit juice, switch choc bars for a museli type cereal bar, crisps for unsalted nuts etc.
    When making sandwichs use wholemeal bread and try to eat a slow energy releasing breakfast such as porridge or museli
  • Options
    What Icey said.

If you were to eat decent meals through out the day, then there will be no need for late night snacks. Currently, I try not to eat anything after 7-8pm. (but won't go to bed until 12-1am)
  • Options
    eat breakfast every day, otherwise by what you've said, you're not eating anything from when you go to bed until 16.00h the next day when you eat a sandwich... you're probably overeating because you are really hungry for not having eaten for all that time and eating junk because its quick and easy... and when you're hungry you want quick high energy foodstuffs.
    cut out fizzy drinks that contain sugar and either go for the diet soft drinks or water - water bought (and hence nicer tasting water) won't cost you any more than your lucozade/soft drinks.
    get some fruit and veg down your throat too - its not hard to add to meals but would do you a lot of good.
    and of course make sure you exercise to.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »
    I think your whole diet needs an overhaul.

Yeah, I have to agree. And, what time do you get up, are you up for hours before you desperately grapple for that lucozade and chocolates?
  • Options
    Try to cut down on heavily processed foods and add lots of veggies in. Use fruit to snack on or low fat yoghurts.

Do you cook yourself?

I guess I'm on a diet of sorts but I feel it's more of an overhaul on what I eat. I certainly don't feel like I'm dieting when I bring a full dish of foods in my lunch breaks and for dinner and then settle in front of the TV with stuff like a non-alcoholic melon 'cocktail' or baked apples and gorge on it.
    The trick is HOW you combine your foods. I'm eating more now than a month ago, but packing in way fewer calories (I'm not counting them btw :p). How? Cut down on the meats and really boost up the veg portion. It IS tricky sometimes to consume it all but now I am eating much 'fresher' meals and feel loads better about myself. Plus, I've been losing on average 1kg per week in the last month. I'm up to 5.5kg lost and I'm always eating. :) Almost entirely cut out sugar as well and funnily enough, I've barely had any cravings.

With all these processed foods, you really have no idea what has been put in it. Croissants, sausages, fast food, sweets, etc. Full of nasty fats and calories.
    You can get really great stuff if you buy the meat and prepare it yourself that's actually healthy for you. However, you also need to be willing to commit to it timewise as it takes more time than it does to buy a hamburger but in my opinion the effort is well worth it. Also, the more you practice the easier it becomes and eventually you find stuff that suits your needs.

The main question is whether you think you're ready to commit to spend time on eating well.
  • Options
    Normally when i am not working (part time)

wake up: 14:00
    sleep: 04:00

When i am working

wake up: 08:30 (after a few hours sleep)
    sleep: 02:00

I only want the Fizzy drinks when at 17:00 - 00:00, tbh i only get chocolate when at work where there is nothing else to get.
  • Options
    Sort out your sleep pattern, you will feel a lot better for it, try something like:

When not working
    Wake up: 09:30
    Sleep: 12:00

When working
    Wake up: 8:30
    Sleep: 12:00

Sure i know what its like, to me sleeping feels like wasted time but yet when i wake up in the morning i cant get enough of the stuff and long to just stay in bed, sticking to routine really does work wonders though.
    As for eating breakfast, you probably wont be hungry at that time of day - i never used to be but if you force yourself to at least eat something your body slowly gets used to it and eventually you will start to wake up actually wanting to eat
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    As for eating breakfast, you probably wont be hungry at that time of day - i never used to be but if you force yourself to at least eat something your body slowly gets used to it and eventually you will start to wake up actually wanting to eat

I've found this and because I eat breakfast, I'm less likely to want to snack on crisps, biscuits, etc during the day.