Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Unsettled sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having loads of problems sleeping at the moment and I wondered if anyone knows any good herbal remedies to help me relax while I'm asleep.

Recently I have been under a lot of stress, the problem that was causing it has gone but since then I've had loads of trouble sleeping.

I've always been the sort of person who sleepwalks when im in a strange place/under pressure but for the last couple of weeks I've been half sleep walking (I usually have an idea that I am doing it but can't stop myself and only remember about it half way through the next day). I do really random things like tear my wallpaper off or bang on my door and I woke up the other day with a really deep scratch on my arm, with no clue as to how i did it.

Anyway this is all beside the point, I just wouldn't mind a bit of help with getting into a nice deep restful sleep.

Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not exactly a herbal remedy but its worth a go, try some warm milk before you go to bed?
    Having a warm bath before bed is supposed to help. Lavender oil on your pillow to help calm you down works for me as well.
    good quality lavender oil and some seasonal timings (I think thats the brand) tea...preferably the sleepy one or the tension tamer...the one with the princess and the dragon on the box...the only things that get my off to sleep when i've got a head full of stuff
    warm milk before you go to bed?

with honey in it :yes:
    what about doing something physical duirng the day to make you more tired?

but dont do lots of excercise just before bedtime
    zopiclone :D
    also cut down on caffeine and other stimulants inc. sugar that you take in the day.
    Do a relaxing activity (reading, quiet board game, etc) before you go to bed and don't do something like playing on the computer.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Do a relaxing activity (reading, quiet board game, etc) before you go to bed and don't do something like playing on the computer.

Apparently reading can be a bad idea, because it's still giving your brain exercise.

Sounds daft, but cuddling a teddy can help you relax too.

Apparently.
    katralla wrote: »
    zopiclone :D

Aside from the whole prescription issue it is a habit forming drug.