Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bad Trip

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I had a very intense and bad, pink floyd trip back in 1990 and still have flash backs today which cause anxiety. This trip experience which I'll never forget made me see people melting into sofas and then freezing into iclcles. This happened simply from someone in the room saying it was too hot or too cold, the worst thing was that I felt like I was melting aswell and my whole body went into overdrive with the feeling of touch so everything felt really uncomortable to touch, even lying on a bed felt like a bed of needles and the edge of a chair felt really sharp, it was a complete nightmare. Later on in the night I saw people covered in feathers and their skin looked like a computer image, extreme colours and I felt so unable to move it was like I was stuck in a frozen picture. At one point I actually thought I was dead as it was so unbelievable what I was seeing, it's very hard to describe in words.

This bad experience has stayed with me for many years up until today I can sometime have moments of anxiety where I can remember that feeling that I had on that trip. Don't do them they can mess with your brain and wellbeing.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shaza wrote: »
    Don't do them they can mess with your brain and wellbeing.

Eeer... bear that in mind :no:
    meh sorry you had a bad time but it doesnt happen to every one
    Set and setting - hallucinogens are strong things and should be treated with a lot of respect.
    Aye those bad trips can fuck you up. Had some similar experiences myself, best thing to do is not dwell on it much or the memories come back and you can suffer panic attacks.
    Never really had a bad trip... although once when I was walking back down my lane on my own at night, on some VERY trippy pills, I thought I could see like a creature climbing over this gate at the edge of a car park. That freaked me out for a bit and I felt like legging it back to my house, but you've just got to remain calm and remember that it's only the drugs.
    Other than that, all my experiences on hallucinogens such as mushrooms and K have been quality, must suck to be stuck in a nightmare world for hours though.
    ive had one memorable bad trip but it wasnt really the pills it was the dickheads i was with !
    I've had trippy pills a good few times, some good and some bad (dodgy sharks anyone?). Done ket twice aswell was mental and trippy, but theres nothing as trippy/strong as a real acid trip! The last time a took them was in january 2 and a half tabs and tht was me for nearly a full 24 hours maybe more, Once you've started theres no way of going back from your trip and can be a bit scary at times (but funny aswell) theres a guy who lives round this part of glasgow and hes been walking backwards for about 10 years since he rattled 2 much acid n was stuck in this trip, kinda scary but I agree with the above comments about it all being about the company your with and your enviroment. I love it now and again but its too harmful 2 be taking it every week.
    Shaza wrote: »
    looked like a computer image

I've that one, also people/water being like digital snow... with the red/green/blue thing it has going on. Didn't freak me out though, thought it was hilarious and ended up sat in the bathroom for about half an hour running my hands under the tap.
    Kiezo wrote: »
    I've that one

Same here, it was at the end of a party and this kid turned all digital, like a robot. There was also like digital blood running down the walls...sounds scary but I thought it was fucking cool, it was like being inside a computer game.
    party_head wrote: »
    The last time a took them was in january 2 and a half tabs and tht was me for nearly a full 24 hours maybe more,

If it did last that long I'd be more inclined to think it was 5-meo-amt than LSD, which shouldnt last that long unless the tabs were spaced out.
    budda wrote: »
    If it did last that long I'd be more inclined to think it was 5-meo-amt than LSD, which shouldnt last that long unless the tabs were spaced out.

Or one of the DO(X) chemicals like DOB.
    Nash wrote: »
    Or one of the DO(X) chemicals like DOB.

Possible, though those are quite difficult to make, and thanks to the wierd world of research chemicals 5-meo-amt can be made in sort of legal labs in some parts of the world.