Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heroes

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
BBC2 nine o'clock :thumb:

For the people who haven't downloaded them all anyway... :o
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I heard BBC2 have fucked it up already and are cutting bits out to fit it into the slot time.

Dunno if it's true or not, cba checking to see how long the slot is.
  • Options
    It's good, I like it (and Andy's already watched it so he warns me when gorey bits are coming up so I can wimp out of watching them :thumb:)
    "Like Star Trek!" :D
  • Options
    It's good, I like it (and Andy's already watched it so he warns me when gorey bits are coming up so I can wimp out of watching them :thumb:)
    "Like Star Trek!" :D

There's gorey bits in Heroes? o_O
  • Options
    probably, i think a lot of us have just been desensitized though so we dont really notice them, think Issac, top of head cut off...
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    probably, i think a lot of us have just been desensitized though so we dont really notice them, think Issac, top of head cut off...

No gore though, just... a missing bit of head.
  • Options
    Looks like it's going to build up in to a quality programme.

Pretty pleased with myself that i managed to watch both episodes, usually when a new good series comes out i end up missing the first few and then after that decide not to bother watching any of the following ones with the intention to just get the box set in a few months time and watch them all together to appreciate it, but usually just end up forgetting it and then deliberately missing it in future.

But thanks to Splodgers high recommondation of this i made a point of making sure i watched it, cheers Splodge :thumb:
  • Options
    Wow, I can't believe I actually remembered to watch one of these. I've missed every big American drama recently, so I'm gonna try and watch this one. Seems pretty good so far.
  • Options
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Looks like it's going to build up in to a quality programme.

Pretty pleased with myself that i managed to watch both episodes, usually when a new good series comes out i end up missing the first few and then after that decide not to bother watching any of the following ones with the intention to just get the box set in a few months time and watch them all together to appreciate it, but usually just end up forgetting it and then deliberately missing it in future.

But thanks to Splodgers high recommondation of this i made a point of making sure i watched it, cheers Splodge :thumb:

:D
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    There's gorey bits in Heroes? o_O
    I'm a big wuss. Even when Claire put her hand in the waste disposal was :sour:
  • Options
    Having watched the whole thing on Sci-Fi (I didn't want to download and ruin it), I have to say that there a slow pieces in it. However you need to keep with it because it leads to a great climax and a couple of twists. You have to be carful not to miss something because alothough it may not initially appear important, there is a thread running through the whole thing.

Keep an eye out for Chris Eccleston too...
  • Options
    Having watched the whole thing on Sci-Fi (I didn't want to download and ruin it), I have to say that there a slow pieces in it. However you need to keep with it because it leads to a great climax and a couple of twists. You have to be carful not to miss something because alothough it may not initially appear important, there is a thread running through the whole thing.

That's why downloading is better; you watch them so close to each other you don't miss the "thread" running through each of the eps, and the slow eps can be quickly rectified by sticking another one on.
  • Options

Keep an eye out for Chris Eccleston too...

This is definately true... I would recommend people to stick with it even if they think one episode isn't quite as good as the others!
  • Options
    I think I might be addicted after the first two episodes. I havent seen a decent US drama like Heros for a long time.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    That's why downloading is better; you watch them so close to each other you don't miss the "thread" running through each of the eps, and the slow eps can be quickly rectified by sticking another one on.

I guess that I just prefer the anticpation.

Either that or my life is so dull...
  • Options
    Yeh im loving this show...but im not going to download any of it...i like waiting for it to come on the telly...bit of excitment for a wednesday night!....ah im sad..:D
  • Options
    i saw the whole thing on sci-fi , so good
  • Options
    I caught parts of some episodes and I have to say I HATE Heroes. I just don't get what is so good about it I just don't get what it's got going for it.

The only time it got better was when Christopher Eccleston was on screen and suddenly those scenes were great.

Heroes is guff.
  • Options
    if you only saw parts of it, you're not going to like it now are you?

can't wait for series 2!!
  • Options
    edn1 wrote: »
    I just don't get what is so good about it I just don't get what it's got going for it.

Well yeah, you wouldn't get what's so good about it if you've only caught parts.
  • Options
    I missed the first two episodes so I thought I'd watch them online to be ready for this weeks, ended up watching up to ep. 11 :rolleyes: typical. I'm now completely hooked. I'd heard good things about Heroes months ago and I have to say it's definitely living up to my expectations. It's getting really interesting so far, can't wait to see what happens in the finale.