Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blocked Ear

For the last few days, I've had a blocked left ear. I spoke to my dad earlier and he put some ear drops in and told me that I'm going to have to put the drops in for the next few days. He also told me to clean my ears out when I wash my face or have a shower.

Is there anything I can do so that my ears don't get blocked in the future?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I doubt it... I think you can just gradually get a build up of wax every so often... Don't use cotten buds though because they can shove it deeper in a damage the ear.

Steam inhalations can help with blocked ears due to liquid rather than wax though... might be worth trying that every so often, would probably clear the tubes out.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've suffered from it quite often in the past. I think some people get it worse than others. Taking drops is a start - but it will only soften the wax. If there's a big build up, it's unlikely to clear it totally. I would go to the doctor's and get it syringed, specially if it starts to get painful, which it may well do, due to the pressure the built up wax will put on your canal. And definately stay away from alternative treatments like candling. They are just plain dangerous...