Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

boyfriends parents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its hard to meet the parents ya i kno, my boyfriends mom adores me i even call her mom now of course im really young so im just playing around but his dad seems so hostile towards me, i was over at his house yesterday and we were watching a movie i was sitting on the computer chair and he was sitting on the couch beside his little brother and his little brother got up and i jumped into his place it was all in good fun i kno them all very well im 13 btw so im beside him and i lean my head onto his shoulder and he puts his arm around me and his dad gets all angry about me stealing his spot and i said well im really tired i wanted to be sumwhere comfy and goes goes on this huge trip all "WELL IF UR SO TIRED U GO HOME AND SLEEP NOT HERE AND STEAL MY SONS SPOT" i was so hurt that he wud be so rude i went outside and cried "im young and sensitive dont give me a hard time" and b4 that i was joking around with adam (my boyfriend) in the kitchen and i mooed at him like a cow cuz he was eating a burger with like 3 burger patties on it and we laughed and his dad got mad and hes like adam like poker beef and soccer you appear to be 0-3 im like im not a vegetarian i was joking around and he was so rude i didnt even go over today cuz i was scared he wud get mad at me for sumthing but i talked about it with adam u just gotta be alot more careful around the parents and dont use the same sense of humour with them as u wud with ur bf also no revealing clothes if ur gonna dress sexy make sure its just with him parents are very practical avoid kissing around them to it makes them angry i personally am VERY uncomfortable around his dad but i try and be so friendly but hes just a shit head and i personally think if hes gonna be like that fine he can kiss my ass

Comments

• Options
    Hi Lindsey, do you spend a lot of time round your boyfriends. It may be that hes just feeling crowded with an extra kid there a lot of the time. Does your boyfriend spend much time at yours?

It might have been better to start this as a new thread because the one you added it on to is over 5 years old.
  • Options
    All my boyfriends mums have liked me except one and she made things really difficult for us.

I wouldn't keep on at him as it's not his fault his parents are like that and it could cause a wedge.

Suggest that you all have dinner or something again, dress appropriately, smoke outside and make an effort conversation wise. If they are still moody after that then I wouldn't bother unless you have to cause at least you tried.
  • Options
    Ah I feel your pain! An ex of mine's mum HATED me, she made it quite obvious that she didn't like me. It was always really awkward, my ex was always suggesting me and her went shopping together or whatever and we were both looking at eachother making excuses as to why we shouldnt go. Nasty. My only advice is either accept it or try to change it by being unbelievably charming, but accept that it might not work. Sadly, mothers can be a bit like that when it comes to their sons, the vast majority are in the belief that no woman could ever be good enough (luckily my bloke's mum is an angel, finally my luck is in!)
  • Options
    the mistress doesnt come here anymore btw. this post is from 2002
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yep, so gonna split the thread. I was a bit confused when I read the 'smoking at the table bit' thinking surely you would have got chucked out the restaurant anyway :razz: Times are changin' hey.