Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cheap flights

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'd like someone with a magic wand please?!

Been looking for flights for our family holiday. Going end of August (organised, yes I know), to South of France, between Nice and Marseille.

Flying from Heathrow/Gatwick or possibly one of the smaller ones not a million miles from there, Southampton is doable too.

So far found BA, EasyJet and FlyBe that do those kind of routes, anyone got any other suggestions or ideas for discounts?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    itll be cheaper if you fly from a smaller airport, as the bigger ones have extortionate airport tax
    http://www.skyscanner.net/
    is a good site for finding the cheapest deals
    Ryanair, if you could do from Stansted? Not sure where you are you see but they have some reasonable flights to Marseille. Don't forget though that ryanair are cheap as they fly to the smaller or lesser known airports in the cities so you might want to check where the airport is first. :)
    Or Bmibaby fly to Nice from Heathrow.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Ryanair fly to Toulon and Nimes (& avignon at a streach) both of which are in the region your looking to go to - but aren't major airports and are therefore cheaper - where exactly do you need to go?

Also if your going from London then you could consider getting the train - you have to change in Paris which can be a bit of a pain but you can get some good deals if your going to somewhere on a major TGV route.
    shame I didn't see this earlier there was free flights on Ryan Air until midday today, south of france was one of the places they were offering for free
    rachie004 wrote: »
    DO NOT fly with flybe, that's all I have to offer in advice but you can thank me for it later

I have flown FlyBe before. I thought the flight was the same as Ryanair/ easyJet, although the plane was a bit of a shitter.

Whats wrong with them? Do they piss in the coffee pot ? :p