Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why Bill O'Rilley is a jerk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
O'Reilly: To "cluster" gays near children is "insane" and "inappropriate"
On the July 11 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, host Bill O'Reilly called the San Diego Padres' decision to host a gay pride night and a children's hat giveaway promotion during the same July 8 baseball game "insensitive," "dumb," "almost unbelievable," and a "mistake." He called it "insane" to "cluster" gay men and lesbians during a "hat giveaway for any kid under 12." O'Reilly reported that "thousands of gay adults showed up and commingled with straight families," and stated, "[C]lear-thinking people understand it is completely out of context and inappropriate." When San Diego Pride executive director Ron deHarte said that it "was no different than any other game," O'Reilly responded: "But you are focusing in and putting more homosexuals into an area. OK? See, that's the problem," adding: "You're putting it in a kid's face at a baseball game." O'Reilly later asserted: "This is social engineering by the Padres."

Discussing the event with O'Reilly and deHarte, Culture Campaign president Sandy Rios said of the gay pride event: "When you have people into that ballpark and take their kids and their kids are watching the half-time activities and watching what's going on, the celebration of this choice, that's when I have a problem, because I don't think this is anything to celebrate." Rios later compared homosexuality to smoking, asserting: "What if the San Diego Padres decided to celebrate a Smoking is Fun Night, and they had a smoking men's chorus performing? Now there are a lot of people that come to the game and they have a pack of cigarettes or whatever, maybe they can't smoke there, but that's different than celebrating smoking, because we all know that smoking is really harmful to your health." Rios continued: "Well, what people don't understand is that the homosexual lifestyle, especially for men, is deadly." O'Reilly said, "But that's their decision," to which Rios responded: "That is not what we should be promoting before the children."

Additionally, Rios pointed to Massachusetts and California as examples of "how far the radical homosexual agenda would go to radicalize our children." She added: "U.S. News & World Report just came out with a study recently -- talked about how many teens are coming out younger, and more of them coming out now. Is that what we want?" Rios later stated: "I think it's important to understand that I don't know about Mr. deHarte, but what we have to understand is that the radical gay agenda is in the business of removing parental rights and indoctrinating children. I'm not overstating this."

O'Reilly also stated, "The Disney Company really ignited the 'gay day' deal by doing the promotions at their theme parks. ... And now, you better check your local listings if you go anywhere." In fact, as Media Matters for America has noted, Disney plays no role in organizing or sponsoring "Gay Days," an annual gathering at Disney World.

From the July 11 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor:
O'REILLY: Hi, I'm Bill O'Reilly. Thank you for watching us tonight. The culture war goes to the ballpark. That is the subject of this evening's "Talking Points Memo."

It is almost unbelievable, but the San Diego Padres scheduled a promotion for gays on the same day the team gave away hats to kids. So thousands of gay adults showed up and commingled with straight families. Predictably, that caused some anger, some saying the promotions were inappropriately timed, and some parents echoing that.

[...]

Comments

• Options
    Just so you know mate, just about everyone on here is British so it's not that this guy isn't a jerk - I'm sure he is, just that you won't find many people who actually know who he is.
  • Options
    For someone on the FOX news channel thats not bad at all.
  • Options
  • Options
    I've never watched Fox News in my life (except on Youtube), and I could tell you that Bill O'Reilly is a jerk. Actually, he's not really a jerk, he's just someone who's not very intelligent, yet has been given some sort of authority to talk about certain issues. And we all know that when someone's requirement to talk about an issue exceeds their knowledge about said issue, bullshit ensues. But yeah, he's the definition of the American media's idea that whoever shouts loudest and interrupts the most wins the debate.
  • Options
    He may be awful, but the female version of him - Ann Coulter - is even worse.
  • Options
    Fox News HQ really wants this dropped on top of it...

fatman.gif

preferably when everyone's in.
  • Options
    Any one who wants to see Billy O'Reilly wrong footed, outsmarted and made fun of, look at his David Letterman interview. He comes off as a right tool!
  • Options