Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Methadone

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Methadone may help with his paranoia, yes. Can't see it helping with amphetamine cravings though.
    maybe not physically, but psychologically I can see it- he's not a constant user, more a party user so, if he's fuck-faced by other means he wont need phet.
    it is heartbreaking when you can see someone you care about making really really bad decisions and you have to just sit back and watch it.
    Especially when its something that could end up killing them so easily.
    really sucks.
    I hope he comes to his senses Katralla :heart:
    katralla wrote: »
    apparently his shrink says that the methadone may actually help with his paranoia, and keep away any amphetamine cravings.
    Is a doctor allowed to talk about positive effects of illegal drugs to a patient?
    katralla wrote: »
    maybe not physically, but psychologically I can see it- he's not a constant user, more a party user so, if he's fuck-faced by other means he wont need phet.

Doesn't really follow ime. Plenty of people like to mix uppers and downers. Speedballing (mixing heroin and cocaine/crack) is extremely popular.
    Is a doctor allowed to talk about positive effects of illegal drugs to a patient?

Absolutely and your GP should be (ideally) one of your first ports of call for any health concern, that includes drug use.

The only time they are legally compelled to break confidentiality is when there is an immediate severe danger to the patient or someone else, i.e: "I am going to jump off a bridge/I am going to throw someone off of a bridge".