Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Homer homage ruffles Pagans

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin someone's taken over your account - you're being given an open target to scorn a religion and missing a goal.
    You know how I feel about all religions. I was actually questioning the double standards of others (not necessarily anyone on this board) who doubtlessly think the whole thing is just harmless fun and the pagans are being silly, but who would have had quite a different reaction if the Homer drawing had appeared next to a mosque, church or synagogue.

Just to clarify that that my opposition to this stunt is not because it might offend pagans or religious people but because once again we have lowered our trousers to corporations and businesses for a quick buck. Believe it or not I would have been just as opposed (far more, in fact) if my hypothetical scenario below had been carried out.
    And it was painted over the figure, but next to it. It's a pretty major difference...
    Fair enough... though I should imagine the reaction would still have been pretty disfavourable if the drawing had been done on the grounds of Westminster Abbey with Homer seemly trying to hoop a donut on one of the spires.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Of course, this "but what if it was christianity" argument ignores the frequent attacks on organised religion in the programme itself...