Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

how can i make bland food interesting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i like spicy food...

and i can't have it due to my tummy...

i've also been told that i shouldn't have bread or pasta, or ice cream, chocolate, cereal, anything with sugar, chilli or anything that seems nice really

basically lots of steamed veg and brown rice...lovely...:no:

so is there any very healthy food that isn't going to hurt my tummy but will taste nice?

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ketchup :D
    (Even though its probably full of sugar!)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cuscus or make a vegtable stirfry :yum:
    Can you use garlic? That'll add taste, as will fresh herbs. Coriander is great to add to asian dishes and adds a new dimention without being spicy. I also use basil a lot. Pesto is a useful standby for adding flavour. Its lovely in crushed or mashed potatoes, or you can thin it down a bit to make a sauce.

Agreed, couscous is good, and works really well with fresh herbs
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    In plenty of oil fry off some chicken and/or prawns with some garlic, corrianda, salt and pepper and add chopped onions, peppers, peas and corn and then throw in some cold boiled rice.

Simple fried rice.
    Weekender Offender 
    I add italian seasoning to everything. Might be called something different there, so heres a recipe that looks like what it probably contains :p (though you can probably just buy it as an already premade seasoning
    http://southernfood.about.com/od/seasoningrecipes/r/bl30420i.htm

And pepper. :heart: pepper. (I don't think pepper is spicy?)
    fresh herbs, or dried if you cant get fresh, and some dressings, :) i use it all the time, after a while you get to know what you like and can make something tasty no bother
    what about bbq sauce
    that tastes pretty nice and i wouldnt consider it spicy or soy sauce if its more of an oriental dish
    This is the reason that I love Gaviscon...
    Ketchup...
    but it`s bad 4 ur health as i know
    Do you have a wheat intolerance?

I don't know what your budget is, but you can buy wheat-free food from health food shops. For example, hemp pasta or wheat free pizza bases.

Is it the dairy in the ice cream which upsets you? Because you can buy dairy free alternatives (like Swedish Glace :yum: ), but I'm not sure about the sugar content of that.
    Namaste wrote: »
    I don't know what your budget is, but you can buy wheat-free food from health food shops. For example, hemp pasta or wheat free pizza bases.

You can also buy wheat free food from places like Tesco and Sainbsurys; it isn't that cheap though.

If you make food like mashed potato, you could add greated vegatables to it or something.
    I'm with kangoo, try using fresh herbs. You can buy parsley, dill, coriander and other basic herbs in pots from supermarkets and grow them in your garden or kitchen, so that way you'll always have something to add a bit of taste to your meal. You can add dill to white sauces etc and use with rice maybe? That would be really nice.
    add cheese !! cheese is lush on brocoli, carrots, peas ! everything love love cheese

instead of bread try crackers cos they are nice too .. with cheese lol or wraps they are okay too

fry your rice and add egg peas and bacon/ ham thats nice but not sure if its healthy

other than that adding seasonsing will make stuff taste better
    Yeah cauliflower and brocolli cheese with chicken is bladdy lovely!!
    add cheese !! cheese is lush on brocoli, carrots, peas ! everything love love cheese

:yes:
    Sofie wrote: »
    You can also buy wheat free food from places like Tesco and Sainbsurys; it isn't that cheap though.
    No it isn't, that's why it's always best to cook from scratch.

Tbf, most pre-made food is full of shit anyway.