Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

supernoodles.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i seem to always be eating supernoodles but i'm worried as to whether or not they're realy bad for you. the back of the packet is really confsing because it has two different calorie amounts: per pack and then per 100g serving, and yet a pack is 100g. :confused:

help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Calories mean fuck all, check out the nutritional value (if in face there is any)
    i seem to always be eating supernoodles but i'm worried as to whether or not they're realy bad for you. the back of the packet is really confsing because it has two different calorie amounts: per pack and then per 100g serving, and yet a pack is 100g. :confused:

help?

I'd assume its because you add water, the dried weight of the pack is probably 100g, but when you add water that perhaps doubles and as such the nutritional value does to.

Simple way is, if you're eating a full packet of the stuff, take the values of the pack values.

It should reference somewhere weather they are on about dried values, or as served values.
    I heard somewhere that supernoodles had absolutely zilch nutritional value at all - they are however very yummy at the right time!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I know there are some that are low in fat - chicken and herb if I recall. But I dont know much else about them.

They are quite scrummy though :yum:
    oh nevermind, I get it now.
    The salt levels in SuperNoodles are very high. So be careful how much you eat (6g a day).

Other than that I wouldnt be expecting to much nutrition in the form of vitamins and minerals. Still they do taste quite nice. Im a fan of the sweet chilli flavour. :yum::yum:
    i eat the chicken ones.

just wanted to make sure they weren't terrible for you; it was beginning to bother me.

& surely "serving" would then refer to them with water added?
    I always assumed the same as Mr Orange, that the two values were dried weight and then served weight. Aren't they quite high in calories and fat but pretty low on anything good for you? In plain english, i wouldn't imagine they feature heavily in any diet sheets as a suggested recipe to be fair but i sort of run with the everything in moderation makes life just fine. If you're eating loads of them why not try and cancel a few servings out and try something else out?
    does this apply to pot noodles too?
    pot noodles and supernoodles are about the most heavily processed non nutritional crap food you can eat.
    theyre also pretty high calorie considering how little they actually fill you up.

That said, they were my craving in the first few months of my last pregnancy. Pretty much the only thing I could keep down.
    I fucking love supernoodles. Pot noodles are the devil
    I like the prawn ones from lidl, or the chow mein ones by batchelors.