Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sleep.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On average, how many hours a day do you people sleep?

If you could sleep for as long as you wanted - without being interupted - how long could you sleep for?

I seem to be sleeping for more than 12+ hours a day at the moment :/

Comments

• Options
    Usually about 5-7 hours right now.
  • Options
    weekends, at least 13, I would do more but the man always wakes me up saying hes hungry and wants to go eat.
    weekdays i only get about 9/10 :(

Oh I often dream about how much sleep. I'd sleep for a week with a bed pan if I could :heart::heart:

Once or twice a month I'll get home from work, go straight to bed and not wake up until its time for work the next day. So almost 15 hours! Grand times.
  • Options
    About 9 hours, if we're going from when I go to bed til when I get up. But it's usually less than that because I almost always wake up at least twice during the night.
  • Options
    If I party at the wknds I need 10-12 hours sleep for 3-4 nights in the week.
    If not, then about 8-9 a night.
    Often fall asleep early evening for an hour or 2 if I sit down and watch tv.
  • Options
    At the moment i'm in bed from about 11.30 till 8am, so 8.5hrs. But it's too much sleep, i wake up at about 5.30 - i function best on about 6 hours, but Himself needs much more sleep than i do so we split the difference.
  • Options
    I usually get about 10 hours and then I wake up. I do wake a couple of times in the night for the loo too... but not usually awake more than 3 minutes at a time.

When I was depressed I could sleep for over 15 hours without waking up.

I generally get very grumpy if I get less than 8 hours. :angel:
  • Options
    I always make sure I have 7-8 hours sleep
  • Options
    About 7 hours, wish it was longer.
  • Options
    6-7 hrs
  • Options
    9 is about right for me
  • Options
    I usually get between 6-9 hours sleep depending on a number of things. I tend to stay up late for no reason.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I sleep from about 11-12pm ish through to about 10am at the mo, coz I have no job! :(
  • Options
    'bout 9hrs here most days. more when I half wake up and spend a couple hours in a half sleeping daze :p
  • Options
    If I could get 6 hours in one stretch I'd be happy with that, given I can never sleep longer than about 3-4 hours in one go I need a good 7 or 8 hour period in which to not sleep well before I feel slightly rested.
  • Options
    6-7 usually but depends
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I sleep from about 11-12pm ish through to about 10am at the mo, coz I have no job! :(

If you lived with me you could be up in time for price is right reruns :hyper: I always miss out :(
  • Options
    About 6-7 hours at the moment, but I wake up lots during that time. I've got a lot on at the moment and I'm hoping I'll get more settled sleep once all my other worries are gone.
  • Options
    8 and a half hours. If Im lucky.
  • Options
    Eight hours in the week, easily can do ten at the weekends. I can function on six. Any less and I'm a even more grumpy bitch then normal.
  • Options
    hardly at all right now, but usually 8 hours
  • Options
    13 hours lol !:sour: :hyper:
  • Options
    I can function properly on about 3 or 4. I tend to have about 6 or 7 in the week, more at weekends normally depending on what I'm up to.
  • Options
    When I'm at college, if I have less than 8 hours I can't function properly.
    On my days off, around 9-10 comfortably.

Now I'm done for the summer and jobless, I'm still only getting 8 hours due to my body subconciously waking me up at 7:15 for college!!
  • Options
    How to you people get time to sleep so much!
    I normally get about 6 or 7 hours, i try and be asleep by 11 but sometimes thats hard especially when you try so bad to go sleep and then you can't, mon-fri i get up at 6, weekends bout 8 or 9.
  • Options
    I get about 8 hours sleep during the week.
  • Options
    I need about 9, any less and I start to fall asleep on buses, trains and lectures. I can function on less but I'm never quite with it.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    I can function properly on about 3 or 4. I tend to have about 6 or 7 in the week, more at weekends normally depending on what I'm up to.

Same here. 6-7 in the week, 10 at weekends. Sunday nights are always a gamble though and I've been struggling lately. 2 hours if I'm lucky. It's because of work though.
  • Options
    On a normal uni day or weekend (if I'm not out) I get 8 and a half hours. If I'm on placement and getting up at half 5 then its more like 7 hours. I can't sleep much longer than 8 hours, my body automatically wakes me up at half 6 :rolleyes: ....good job I'm a morning person!