Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Burning car crashes in Glasgow Airport.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Another terrorist attack ?

Initial reports suggest so.

Full Story

SKY News: Say witness, suggest man taking gas cylinder from car before fire.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    might be a terrorist attack, might be a burning a car catches fire. Even the burning man fighting may be a misidentification (you're panicing on whilst on fire and bystanders think you're fighting with the copper trying to put you out).

Too early to say....
    Finally someone had the sense to try and take out the Scots :p
    Looks like co-ordinated terror then.

Guess who is off to Stanstead in the morning? Guess who is leaving earlier than originally planned?
    Got a couple of mates stuck inside the airport (from the last I heard anyway)

Hate to say this - but from what I heard in the boozer tonight - I wouldn't really want to be an Asian in Glasgow city centre tonight.

Wasn't really impressed with Gordon's half arsed speech either BTW.
    Bri-namite wrote: »

Hate to say this - but from what I heard in the boozer tonight - I wouldn't really want to be an Asian in Glasgow city centre tonight.

Shit, thats the last thing we need.
    Calvin wrote: »
    Shit, thats the last thing we need.

Not good mate, have to be honest and say most people in the pub I was in were just blaming "they pakis" and starting on about immigration and the death penalty and all that.

Hate all this shit, really :(
    was in glasgow tonight..... I personaly seen 3 different fights with asians tonight.... one was brutal.. he was covered in blood. came home early the town had bad vibes
    zooby wrote: »
    was in glasgow tonight..... I personaly seen 3 different fights with asians tonight.... one was brutal.. he was covered in blood. came home early the town had bad vibes

Thats fucking awful. We need to stand together at the moment, not fight among ourselves. If we start fighting with eachother, then we are doing the terrorists work for them.

Lets hope people see sense.

:thumb:
    OMG, thats awful :-(
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Awful, fucking hell.

It gets worse day by day, this is shocking, truley so.

Well, looks like terrorism has hit Britain big time now.
    A sad turn of events. :(

I'm no expert but I don't think this is an Al-Qaeda operation, if it were, we would be counting bodies.

If this is some sort of "tribute/amateur" wave then we have a bit of a problem.

Welcome to No. 10 Mr Prime Minister.......
    Ugh. I always felt so safe in Glasgow too. No terrorist attacks/floods/earthquakes etc...

Nowhere's safe.
    only in glasgow would you get people running towards suicide bombers ti knock them out hahaha!! we r MENNNTTTAAALLLLLLLL!!!!! :mad: :mad: :crazyeyes :D :hyper:
    It wasn't really a good attempt at a terrorist attack though...lol. But it's awful. Most Glaswegians I know will say "pakis" and the like, but they wouldn't blame this on the Asian community. But then again there are some people here who would.

The airport is about....5 minutes from me. The interchange to it is completely dead, people are just avoiding it. And the roads near my house are really quiet, no distant buzz from the motorway. It's sad :(

And don't diss us Scots :P
    zooby wrote: »
    only in glasgow would you get people running towards suicide bombers ti knock them out

:lol: lol :thumb:
    does the qu'ran not teach murder to be wrong and if not why not? - might be a stupid question but i wanta know.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    My friend came back from America today, and she said the coverage over there was immense. More than it is here. All the news kept saying however was 'Well if it was them, we're next!'
    Bunnie wrote: »
    All the news kept saying however was 'Well if it was them, we're next!'

A bit like our news after 11th September.

I'm glad they caught the bastards, I hope at least one of the bystanders gave them a Glasgow kiss as well.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I hope at least one of the bystanders gave them a Glasgow kiss as well.
    http://video.motiono.com/watch/iNRoSRRs

He also now has a tribute site! - http://johnsmeaton.com/
    Whowhere wrote: »
    A bit like our news after 11th September.

I'm glad they caught the bastards, I hope at least one of the bystanders gave them a Glasgow kiss as well.

After seeing the burns on one of them he may not have needed any extra pain. They looked rather nasty...:D
    I went to the airport to drop my parents off this morning (not Glasgow) and there was police everywhere asking why you were coming in etc.

This is probably going to sound stupid but why are these people targeting Britain? I don't actually know :blush:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    squeal wrote: »
    I went to the airport to drop my parents off this morning (not Glasgow) and there was police everywhere asking why you were coming in etc.

This is probably going to sound stupid but why are these people targeting Britain? I don't actually know :blush:
    Iraq/Afghanistan Wars mainly.
    squeal wrote: »

Presuming that is is Islamic terrorists, then possibly because of Iraq/Palestine/foreign policy percieved to be anti Muslim.

These bombings have been pretty shoddy efforts.
    otter wrote: »
    does the qu'ran not teach murder to be wrong and if not why not? - might be a stupid question but i wanta know.
    Well I have Muslim friends and they told me that terrorism is actually against the Qu'ran and that the whole idea of Jihad has nowt to do bwith killing either. It is a battle against the ego.
    Namaste wrote: »
    Well I have Muslim friends and they told me that terrorism is actually against the Qu'ran and that the whole idea of Jihad has nowt to do bwith killing either. It is a battle against the ego.

Yup I'd say this is true - the actions of 10, 100, or even 100,000 people should be contrasted to the fact that Muslims number over 1 Billion People.

contrast this to the estimated population of the USA of some 300 Million people that has over 2 Million people in Prison - if you were to bring this up to the same levels you'd need to have approx 7 Million Muslims in Prison to equal the percentage figure for the USA.

It's very easy to pigeon hole people into a group that is faceless - i.e. American or Muslim vs Black or White People and then tar them all with the same brush.

3 Men driving a car into an airport doesn't even come close to defining the thoughts, beliefs and daily lives of over 1 Billion people.
    JsT wrote: »

This article in yesterdays Observer is by a British muslim refuting that theory. Well worth a read, got me thinking.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2115832,00.html
    Namaste wrote: »

Read the sword verses.
    BlackArab wrote: »
    This article in yesterdays Observer is by a British muslim refuting that theory. Well worth a read, got me thinking.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2115832,00.html

The first person replying to that article on the website made an interesting point

Aesclepius
    July 1, 2007 2:27 AM

Interesting piece. Although, one does find it hard not to pause for thought when on the front page of the Guardian Unlimited there are two headlines, the former by far dominating the latter:
    Terror threat 'critical' as Glasgow attacked
    and much smaller, but adjacent:
    'Up to 80 civilians dead' after US air strikes in Afghanistan

Funny how one article with much more lose of human life gets pushed aside with much smaller lettering.
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Read the sword verses.

is that a bit like the eye for an eye thing in the Bible? :)
    JsT wrote: »

Both of which happened after the WTC attacks...

It's an easy thing to point to and I have no doubt that it has helped recruitment but the agenda runs much deeper than that.

You have to ask if Iraq/Afghanistan is really enough, on it's own, to motivate someone to carry out these kind of attacks or whether there it's a case of straw/camel's back...