Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So Smokers - Where you going tonight?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Littleali wrote: »
    all these people sayin "oooh it was so nice it didnt stink"

what a load of poop! people have been smoking hundreds of fags n the pub every night, for years

the smell of smoke doesnt just disappear because no1s smoked in it for about 12 hours

might not be AS bad, but ya can still smell it

its all in the mind man!

Don't be silly. If someone is smoking next to me/within a close radius of me, it smells of smoke and can make my throat feel as though it is constricted.

If the following day, no-one is smoking within the 50 metre radius of the pub, it does not.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Don't be silly. If someone is smoking next to me/within a close radius of me, it smells of smoke and can make my throat feel as though it is constricted.

If the following day, no-one is smoking within the 50 metre radius of the pub, it does not.

Of course, but at the same time, as you can tell you've been in a smoky pub because your clothes smell once you get home, the same smell will be just clogging up all the soft furnishings in the pub - years and years worth of it.

I'm quite hoping that my local will be quiet because the pipe-smoking locals won't want to go out. Fingers crossed...
  • Options

i'm not "being silly"

i was just saying that the smoking ban doesnt mean the pub doesnt stink of fags, that was my point....

i never said it doesnt make a difference, hence me editing my post to say its the lack of smoke you notice more, not necessarily the smell
  • Options
    Oh yeah, in a sense I agree with that. You can always tell when you go into someones house/car if they are a smoker or not just from the general smell.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, in a sense I agree with that. You can always tell when you go into someones house/car if they are a smoker or not just from the general smell.

That would be my car then. I only have one a day, but i smoke it in the car on my way home from work. Might get an air freshener - it won't hide the smell but it might disguise it somewhat! Plus i love the smell of synthetic vanilla.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »

i was just saying that the smoking ban doesnt mean the pub doesnt stink of fags, that was my point....

the smell in ours changed overnight, they spent 3hours washing every single part of the pub, and then placing air freshners and fresh flowers everywhere.

Was a bit weird being able to walk through the food area and being able to smell *everyones* food, heh. but at the same time when some people got too close you could smell their body odour :(
  • Options
    I went to a rave in London, and as usual the club didn't give a fuck about people smoking or smoking weed, thank god. Even after 6am as the rave finished at 7am, we were still blazing with MC Sharkey (:hyper: ) and the security said nothing.
  • Options
    noog wrote: »
    and then placing air freshners and fresh flowers everywhere.

what if you have asthma? alergic to pollen?

bad chest...just like cig smoke....just smells nicer

eek haha
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I went to a rave in London, and as usual the club didn't give a fuck about people smoking or smoking weed, thank god. Even after 6am as the rave finished at 7am, we were still blazing with MC Sharkey (:hyper: ) and the security said nothing.

Yeh, thats what i reckon will happen in the clubs I goto. If the security etc are well aware people are doing illegal drugs in the club, there not going to kick up a fuss about smoking cigarettes.
  • Options
    Good riddance i say!! At least i'll stink of my own stink and not someone elses fags!
  • Options
    The clubs I go to on a Sunday were no quieter last night than any other Sunday. Infact one was busier.
  • Options
    I think it sucks ass how the house of lords/commons has smoking rooms still. they should be made to stand outside in the rain like everyone else who wants to smoke
  • Options
    noog wrote: »
    I think it sucks ass how the house of lords/commons has smoking rooms still. they should be made to stand outside in the rain like everyone else who wants to smoke

One rule for us, another for them. It's out of order.
  • Options
    To be fair to them, they don't. They are exempt from the law as Crown property but voted to ban smoking inside for the Lords and Commons as well when the law was passed.
  • Options
    ah i didnt know
  • Options
    I ignored a no smoking sign today- go me!
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I ignored a no smoking sign today- go me!

where? :hyper:
  • Options
    nowhere brave. service station on the m5, back door. but it felt good. rules are made to be broken, ain't they?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Skive wrote: »
    I don't think your IQ has much to do with whether or not you smoke.
    I don't either, but it would be nice if people in the future thought what I said.