Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Life after uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So have a year left of uni and figured it was about time that I research my possibilities later on.
Of course I am looking into different MA courses and seeing what different places have to offer.
But I also need to look into the actual industry. Now I am pretty much set on working within diplomacy or communication - basically representing as well as planning conduct and policy has my interest.
Have a few ideas going and going to ask people I know that might be helpful, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of the mentioned diciplines, and what their route and plan of action had been, and what they could recommend?
Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    Dear Wendy,
    I have a few friends doing this sort of work. Where have you done internships during your studies? A lot of my friends did internships at United Nations, World Bank etc during their summer holidays, and some got offers to go back straight after graduating. But in most cases for this sort of stuff you need to do a Masters, a few friends have gone to LSE to do Development Studies, Population & Development etc which are highly regarded, but what's really useful for this is if you've got a UK undergrad to do the MSc at somewhere like Paris, Brussels, Vienna, as for a lot of diplomacy/policy jobs being at least bilingual is almost essential (eg for United Nations).
  • Options
    Hmm, nothing I didn't know. More or less covered/covering the points on your list. But thanks anyways.
  • Options
    lol